Launched in January 2019, the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. We are an Arms-Length organisation, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access and guidance to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime. The organisation also engages with HM Treasury, which is responsible for policy on financial capability and debt advice. Working hand-in-hand with stakeholders throughout the UK, the Money and Pensions Service will ensure that money and pensions guidance is available to those that need it, adapting to people's changing needs throughout their lives.
The role -To produce and manage engaging, accurate and up-to-date consumer-facing multimedia content to drive customer reach and engagement across all channels.
- Contributing to the Service's web strategy, content strategy and plans and SEO strategy and operational plans and delivering on them.
- Working with subject matter experts where necessary, producing new content designed to help improve financial capability across a range of channels, including management and moderation of social media channels
- Managing the content approval process and pick up editing and publishing duties.
- Implement content design principles and optimisation across the site's core content, working with the Senior Digital Editor/s.
- Carrying out results analysis to understand what works and why and acting on it, producing follow-up reports to share learnings
- Ensuring timely, engaging and accurate updates to the Money Advice Service home page.
- Day-to-day oversight and implementation of translation requirements for the editorial team, ensuring policies and processes are followed.
- Ensuring adherence to accessibility and style guidelines.
- Super user for the primary and video content management systems.
- Ensuring that all the content meets the editorial, brand, style and tone of voice standards.
- Working with colleagues from across the organisation to ensure digital opportunities are executed effectively.
- Understanding and optimising the web architecture, supporting technologies and content structure, ensuring effective and engaging customer journeys.
- Crafting compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audience, driving actions, engagement, link-sharing and click-through.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate
- Experience of using content management systems and creating and managing multiple content types (copy, video, infographics etc)
- A solid understanding of the principles of SEO
- Experience of using analytics to assess content performance
- Good knowledge of the social media environment and some experience of creating content for social media channels and moderation
- Proven expertise of successful written communications with an excellent journalistic style of writing, strong editorial judgment and the ability to convey a complex message in a concise way.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy at all times and proven ability to search optimise own and others' copy.
- Good knowledge of financial topics as they affect consumers and an alertness to broader issues in the media that might have financial implications for consumers.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, to juggle competing workloads and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of disciplines
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Analytics, MS Office based (Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook)
- Ability to quickly distil and succinctly convey relevant points of information from a variety of resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A deep understanding of the importance and value of being impartial
- Solid experience of operational level collaboration and influencing.
We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and are committed to having a team representative of the diverse characteristics and experiences of the population we're working to ensure make the most of their money and pensions now, and in future generations.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevent experience