Head of Business Development
This rapidly growing sector-focused law firm is looking for a Head of Business Development to work with a dynamic leadership team including the BD Director to develop and drive forward the firm’s industry/sector strategy. This would involve heading the business development team (team of five) as well as taking a lead on business development and marketing activities for one of the industry groups, most likely the insurance/reinsurance group, including managing the insurance group’s key clients.
The role includes:
- Working with the partners leading each industry group to set the strategy and business objectives for each group;
- Working with the BD and marketing team to implement the strategy through targeted BD and campaign initiatives for each industry group;
- Developing infrastructure and best practice around bids including leading on major firmwide bids,
- Driving forward the firm’s key client programme and cross-selling initiatives;
- Managing and developing the BD team, including getting the team to take a more client focused approach to BD;
- Managing all BD and marketing activities for the insurance/reinsurance group or the aerospace group;
- Managing a number of insurance/reinsurance or aerospace clients.
The successful candidate will have advanced business development or client relationship management experience in a professional services environment with exposure to the legal sector. Knowledge of the insurance sector is essential for this role. Strong management and leadership, and full mix skills are also essential. You will also have the confidence to drive forward behavioural change around client relationship management.