IT Lab is a forward leaning technology services and solutions provider serving predominantly mid-market and enterprise clients. In the last 18 months we have grown from 350 employees to over 550 employees located in London, Manchester and Cape Town.
Two years into our private equity backed investment cycle, we are heading to £60m turnover, £8.0m+ EBITDA for March 19 and have ambitious plans to double our EBITDA within this investment cycle. Since our June 2016 MBO, the group has completed two key acquisitions adding capability and breadth (Perspective Risk, a leading cyber security business and Content and Code, a multi award winning Microsoft collaboration and productivity solutions and services provider).
Our plans for acquisitive growth will continue along-side our double-digit organic growth, the outlook for which remains very strong with low levels of customer concentration and churn, as well as a broad base of clients across different sectors.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that values, and is reliant upon, our brand and marketing execution capability to underpin our organic growth strategy. With an increasing blend of cultures, locations, people and skills, it is a pivotal time for an experienced Marketing Director to join our organisation. Following a recent acquisition, we are at the point of reassessing our proposition, brand and messaging as well as a review of culture and values as befit a fast-growing company developed through organic and acquisitive growth.
For an experienced marketing individual, this role represents a unique opportunity to become part of a successful and ambitious team.
The role of Marketing Director is central to our success and our growth and we are looking for a seriously talented and experienced marketing professional who is full of energy and enthusiasm, drive and determination. Key areas of responsibility for the Marketing Director are:
- Team Development – The Marketing Director will develop the existing marketing function and team to be capable of defining, structuring, planning, budgeting and executing an integrated sales and marketing strategy together with other key stakeholders of the business. The Director will lead the marketing team and identify areas for individual development and growth required to enable the team to deliver its objectives and plans.
- Brand Management – The Marketing Director will be key in ensuring our brand is, and continues to be, effective in communicating our corporate identity, ethos and personality and that it is applied consistently across the business. Our growth plans are to expand our market in terms of services and capability, geographically and with a view towards acquisitions. As a result, brand management is a constant and active function which will benefit from strategic leadership and functional oversight and support.
- The Company benefits from a strategic relationship with McLaren Technology Group, the F1, high performance production car and technology group which represents a significant marketing proposition and asset as well as a core responsibility for the Marketing Director to successfully leverage.
- Lead Generation – The Marketing Director will work closely with the existing leadership to develop an integrated marketing and communications strategy and demand generation execution plan leveraging appropriate channels and routes to market with a clear understanding of intended RoI and outcomes.
- This will involve driving brand awareness engagement to generate leads and revenue via SEO, PPC, social media, content strategies and paid digital channels; industry and client focused engagement and events; public speaking opportunities; press and PR management; and as appropriate, direct and indirect marketing strategies. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the various channels open to the company and be able to consider and assess anticipated return on investment in relation to each.
- Content and Communications – The Marketing Director will be expected to contribute significantly to ensure IT Lab has developed its personality as a thought leader in the technology services industry. This involves the publication of regular content across all media channels, lead nurturing, maintenance of website/social media channels and sponsorship and attendance at relevant events. Furthermore, the role will involve planning and execution of communication strategies with our existing client base to optimise the quality and value of our engagement.
- Planning and Budgeting – The Marketing Director will be responsible for the achievement of the marketing and communications goals and financial objectives of the function. The Marketing Director will have the benefit of being able to influence and shape the marketing strategy and investment planning and they will be responsible for ensuring that evaluation systems are in place to report progress to the Board.
- Culture and Social – Underpinning IT Lab’s approach to people is our culture. Having completed two acquisitions last year and, in line with our historic and planned organic and acquisitive growth, it is fundamental that IT Lab’s cultural identity is well defined, communicated and ingrained in everything we do. The Marketing Director will be joining at an opportune time to influence the cultural integration of three organisations into one and as a platform for future growth and ensure all communications are consistent and representative of the IT Lab brand.
- Other - The successful candidate will also be involved with M&A, including due diligence, marketing strategy and communications.
Location and Environment
The role is primarily based in Central London, with travel to our offices in Manchester, and Cape Town. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form. If you think you are a relaxed, confident, self-driven and motivated individual, then IT Lab is the place for you.
Background, Experience and Skills
Recognising the multi-faceted elements of the role, and the nature of anticipated growth in a fast paced industry, we are looking for someone with experience, energy and the determination to succeed. This role is ideal for someone with senior marketing experience and recognises that there is an opportunity to participate in an exciting journey. The successful candidate should have:
- Demonstrable success in influencing business stakeholders using a variety of influencing styles, interacting comfortably at all levels within the organisation
- Previous experience at senior marketing level, director or board position within a B2B services business, preferably in the technology space with budget ownership and ability to demonstrate proven outcomes
- Either Bachelors/Masters Degree in Marketing or CIM qualified (certified preferred over solely qualified by experience)
- Excellent relationship and networking skills with the ability to manage and direct projects
- Extensive experience with online marketing tools.
- Strong design and graphic awareness and appreciation
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaborative environment and manage programs with cross-functional teams comprised of business, technology and creative professionals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A creative thinker with critical analysis and problem-solving skills, along with flexibility and a knack for thinking on your feet is essential in this role
- Proven ability to grow, nurture and manage a team.
Some of the key objectives for the role include but are not limited to:
- Support the leadership team to establish IT Lab as the Market Leading UK MSP.
- Work with the CEO to deliver a joined up IT Lab Brand that covers the full capability of the expanded IT Lab.
- Work with the Commercial Director to deliver on the business objectives to achieve 20% organic growth.
- Build an end to end go to market strategy working with the Commercial Director that delivers growth in new and existing customers.
- Build a demand generation model that provides the business with leads in a defined set of target companies and markets.
- Work with the business to expand the profile of IT Lab with its strategic vendors; Microsoft being the main focus.
- Produce and execute on a clear Marketing plan which has visibility with the key stakeholders in the business.
- Collaborate with the Business Owners to define their go to market messages and support their growth with targeted marketing campaigns.
- Deliver collaborative working practices that ensure that marketing engage effectively with Business Development, Client Development and the line of business owners.
- To expand the use of HubSpot within the Sales and Marketing functions as a key tool to win new clients and expand existing client relationships.