Internal Communications Manager
A very Exciting 6 month contract FTC.
Your new company
A Large forward thinking organisation in the South West has an exciting opportunity for Internal Communications Manager o n a 6 month FTC.
This 6 month interim role is to ensure immediate continuity management of the employee engagement survey and delivery of a new intranet, as well as overseeing and executing the communication strategy. Therefore, this role requires someone with excellent internal communication experience and knowledge of how to engage large workforces. With a solid grounding in communications channels, this role will see you build outstanding relationships with key stakeholders and be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment. The primary focus of this vacancy is to drive and manage engagement through effective internal communications and the development of a strong employer brand, which clearly positions the organisation as the workplace of choice for new and existing colleagues.
Your new role
You will be responsible for executing the strategic internal communications plan across the business alongside key stakeholders within our People / HR teams.Internal communications :
- Delivery of an internal communications strategy that supports Group strategy and associated programmes
- Manage the development of a credible, authentic and motivating employer brand narrative that is embedded in all aspects of the employee lifecycle and resounds with diverse teams across our business
- Review and improve communications channels, developing additional channels and improving two-way communications for colleagues
- Ensure an established and effective sequencing and rhythm of internal communications
- Source, write and edit content that celebrates Wincanton people, process and programmes
- Bring innovative and creative thinking to the business, working with designated leaders to introduce new approaches to delivering communications
- Work with, advise and coach Senior Leaders and project teams to shape and manage strategic communications around leadership, change, crises and important business events, advising and coaching as appropriate.
- Design and delivery of an employee engagement plan that builds employee advocacy and fosters engagement and identifies opportunities/levers that will mobilse employees as champions for the business.
- Utilise influencing skills to help drive a culture of colleague accountability, action and engagement.
- Analyse and leverage data insights to design and lead delivery of strategic employee engagement programmes
- Drive continued engagement around our HR led employee proposition
- Work with colleagues in the broader marketing and communications team to align messaging and strengthen collateral for Group outputs
- Line management of an Internal Communications Assistant
What you'll need to succeed
- Communication : Ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and information, including very strong writing skills and confident presentation skills
- Influence and persuasion : Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince directors to team members, and persuade them in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change, also able to think 'on your feet' and influence fast moving situations, particularly within complex organisations
- Managing relationships and teamwork : Build trust and credibility as a communications partner, and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels in, and outside, the organisation
- Resilience : Can stay calm under pressure and can keep emotions in check when dealing with setbacks
- Flexibility : Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups and able to react to a new situation quickly
- Adaptable : comfortable operating at a tactical as well as a strategic level and balance longer-term objectives with short-term goals with a proven ability to write and proof written materials to a high standard
- Knowledgeable : strong understanding and ability to deliver high quality, relevant internal content as well as experienced designing and delivering engagement and communication strategies, programmes and outcomes in multi-locations, multi-cultural, high volume employee organisations.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Internal Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly