Marketing Manager job ASAP -19TH of December -could be £23.51 per hour including holiday pay-Kingston
The post holder will be responsible for analysing market trends, planning and producing advertising and direct marketing campaigns and planning and promoting major events such as University-wide Open Days and Applicant Days for prospective students. The post holder will oversee the Faculty Marketing Support Officer (Content and Digital) will aid them in the delivery of the faculty's marketing needs.
The role is part of the Marketing and Student Recruitment team, which is responsible for advising, supporting and serving the needs of the University's in term of student recruitment and conversion. However, the post will focus on delivering the specific needs of the faculty and developing marketing for the faculty's individual prospective student.
Roles & Responsibilities
- These are the key responsibilities of the job: on occasion you may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade
- Advise on, plan and implement a strategic and operational plan and budget for the Faculty.
- Integrate and harmonise with other sections' plans within Marketing and Student Recruitment and the wider Marketing and Communications Department.
- Manage/partially manage a Faculty Marketing Support Officer (Content and Digital). Developing objectives and targets for their performance and conducting an appraisal with them annually.
- Build a clear understanding of a Faculty's audience/market needs across a Faculty's provision.
- Based on insight and intelligence gathered, produce analyses of market/s and consumers/stakeholders, including prospective students, key influencers and competitors. This will involve providing analyses and marketing advice to contribute to portfolio review and new course development.
- Develop appropriate relationships with Faculty managers, colleagues and other key stakeholders to provide advice and develop and implement strategic and operational plans.
- Develop, manage and evaluate strategic and operational Faculty marketing plans to meet specific audience/market objectives.
- Identify key partners and stakeholders across a Faculty who will have a role in delivering and/or responding to marketing activity and:
- Raise awareness and recognition of audience needs and expectations.
- Build co-operative relationships to develop and deliver outputs or services that address these needs and expectations.
- Develop a faculty budget plan, identifying Faculty needs and resource implications.
- Implement appropriate promotional marketing campaigns and activities as agreed and resourced, in co-ordination with other team members and other key University or external partners and stakeholders.
- To develop briefs for agencies, suppliers and internal service partners, including Web, Design & Print, Media & PR, Market Research and Communications teams in order to ensure marketing materials are correctly targeted and tailored to audiences in accordance with agreed plans.
- Manage any budget/s allocated and deliver agreed activities within budget.
- To evaluate the impact of activities on target audiences and their decision making and identify opportunities for improvement and/or efficiency savings.
- In partnership with the Faculty Chief Operating Officer for the Faculty, liaise with appropriate partners and stakeholders to:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate all of the below:-
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- A postgraduate level marketing qualification.
- An appreciation for and experience of working within an educational context.
- Experience of working within a marketing department.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of evaluation techniques and practices in marketing.
- Experience of line management of staff
- Demonstrable project management and organisational skills and ability to handle a multi task workload, including management of others' contribution.
- Effective influencer with ability to communicate confidently and diplomatically with staff at different levels in the organisation and form successful and productive working relationships.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex issues with a wide range of people at different levels, internally and externally
- Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards.
- Conversant with good practice in planning and implementing market research.
- Analytical skills with the proven ability to interpret data and qualitative inputs.
- Numeracy skills and ability to be able to manage a budget and produce regular financial updates.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Working with others skills and ability to lead and work within a team.
- Both reactive and proactive in addressing recruitment marketing requirements.
- Ability to work co-operatively across organisational boundaries to achieve shared goals.
- Evidence of strategic marketing planning
- Evidence of a strong client service ethic; able to develop good client relationships to gain the trust and credibility of key colleagues.
- Excellent written English.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with a word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience.