5 days left
- Job Role
Procurement Manager (Marketing & Logistics) - 12m FTC
Based in Peterborough
We're looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave, supporting our Marketing & Logistics business areas. As a senior member of the Procurement team you'll need to develop an in-depth understanding of our business and suppliers in order to maximise performance and efficiencies. Your projects will have a high level of complexity and you'll be required to review and redesign processes by applying the lean methodology as well as mapping the current and future spend and conducting in-depth analysis. You'll also challenge the status quo and look at how the provided services can be done more efficiently and effectively. Collaborating with key strategic stakeholders across Europe, you will share your knowledge, experience and expertise around best practice.
What will you bring to the role?
- Degree/or equivalent standard of education, ideally within Procurement arena - MCIPS preferred
- Significant Procurement experience at a managerial level in a fast paced Procurement environment developing and implementing complex category strategies
- Experience of leading a team within a strategic procurement function, strong management and organisational skills with the ability to develop the function and individual members within the team
- Commercially aware with the ability to carry out detailed analysis, understanding profit & loss accounts, balance sheets and the impact of cash flow
- Strong supplier management skills and a high level of ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills at all levels
- Highly motivated, confident, credible and trustworthy with a strong sense of integrity
- Knowledge/awareness of SAP operating systems
- Understanding/knowledge of E-Auction platforms
- Ability to present to a high standard
- Previous experience in similar categories
What can we offer you?
In return for your valuable contribution to the business you'll receive a competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, private medical insurance, excellent holiday concessions, industry leading training, a contributory pension and a great flexible benefits package.
As a large global travel business with employees based throughout the world; including overseas, tour operations and an airline, the sky really is the limit for your career progression. If you're looking for a fantastic new career challenge with a leading international travel company and you've got what it takes to be part of our winning team then we'd love to hear from you.