Digital Marketing Manager
When most people think of Fender® guitars and amplifiers, they think of our rich history and legacy, after all the Spirit of Rock & Roll is our company motto. For us at Fender® it’s all about the future. We need to work hard today to MAKE HISTORY tomorrow.
As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Our iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
It is our vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and our mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR FUTURE LEGACY?
We are looking for an experienced digital marketing professional to join one of the world’s greatest music brands as a Digital Marketing Manager based at our EMEA HQ in East Grinstead, UK.
In the role of Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for building and driving Fender’s consumer digital marketing strategy in the EMEA region. By working closely with the global marketing team, you will develop a strategy that drives Fender’s broader corporate vision in ways that meet the dynamics of the EMEA market.
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience in a senior digital marketing role with advanced knowledge and experience of designing and implementing online marketing strategies. You will be degree educated, innovative and experienced in leading a team to deliver results. You will also be passionate about music and ideally have some knowledge or understanding of the EMEA Music Industry. The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in the development and execution of Fender’s consumer-facing digital media strategy in the EMEA region.
- Work with the global marketing team based in the US to understand the Fender global digital vision, and the EMEA Marketing Managers to establish how it can be translated into a strategy that works for the EMEA market.
- Be the voice of digital marketing for the EMEA region in the Fender global organisation, ensuring that EMEA market needs are clearly communicated to the planning & asset teams.
- Work closely with the Digital Operations Manager to ensure that the digital media strategy complements the plans driving Fender’s owned digital platforms and e-commerce activity.
- Lead a team of 2 (Digital Marketing Coordinator & Social Media Coordinator), ensure that they are motivated and engaged, and work with them to build a competent, commercially aware digital marketing team.
- Work closely with the other key marketing functions (PR, Dealer & Event support) to ensure that the digital strategy supports – and is supported by – the wider Fender marketing plan
- Support and drive the penetration of Fender Digital products in the EMEA region.
- Manage the relationship with digital marketing agency(ies) to ensure that Fender is offered the best possible service and good value for money.
- Proven experience within a digital marketing environment
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Advanced knowledge of online marketing, including corporate social media techniques and strategies
- Good understanding of the digital media landscape and audience trends across the EMEA region.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Good organisation and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Good leadership skills and team management experience
- Finger on the pulse of news, current affairs and social trends
- An innovator, with a passion for learning
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Deadline-driven & results focused
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally and externally
- Self motivated with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Software Programs and Adobe Photo Shop or similar design/graphic software.
- An understanding of the EMEA Music Industry
- An understanding of the EMEA Musical Instrument Industry
- Knowledge of Fender brands