We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic Marketing Manager to work on a world-leading Beauty & Cosmetics event portfolio. Joining a growing portfolio of 6 events in Europe, Asia, North and South America, the successful candidate will be responsible for marketing 2 events in North and Latin America
The events boast a cutting-edge educational programme, interactive onsite features and high attendee satisfaction scores.The team is looking for a native Spanish or Portuguese speaker to work across all North and South American countries, liaising closely with 20+ associations and attending industry events.
The candidate will have experience in developing and implementing international marketing campaigns and a tenacious can-do approach.You will join a global team, will report to the Exhibition Director and have line management responsibilities. Regular international travel also forms part of the role.
• Developing and implementing marketing strategies, visitor & exhibitor communication campaigns to meet the events’ strategic objectives
• Evaluating customer research, market conditions, competitor data and producing effective / engaging marketing plans
• Overseeing multi-channel online and offline marketing activities to achieve frequent, timely and effective event promotion
• Analysing and measuring online & offline campaign effectiveness
• Using your creative ability to develop show initiatives, educational programmes (free and paid-for) and special events/features to enhance event content
• Supporting the global sales team to drive space sales & sponsorship
• Running / moderating exhibitor webinars and online conferences
• Maintaining and developing relationships with key suppliers and media partners. Researching and negotiating contra agreements
• Managing design agency briefings and production including copywriting, print production & artwork
• Liaising with external suppliers (design team, mailing houses, printers, the PR team)
• Managing the coordination of both visitor and exhibitor registration process with third party supplier
• Developing an annual marketing budget and delivering marketing activity on time and within budget.
• Managing and developing the websites and other new media opportunities
• Attending Reed Exhibitions events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally) thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
Ideal candidate profile:
• A highly driven and enthusiastic Marketing professional
• Proven track record in marketing, preferably in the exhibition/event environment
• A good understanding of web based marketing, segmented marketing initiatives, social media and databases
• A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
• A strategic thinker and team player
• The creative ability to further develop business opportunities and to launch new initiatives
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
• A willingness to travel frequently (domestically and abroad), work in a global team of professionals building effective relationships with partners and suppliers and a culturally sensitive approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, multitask and prioritise a heavy workload
• Market knowledge of the cosmetics ingredients industry would be an advantage. Spanish and/or Portuguese is essential
If this exciting marketing job interests you please send a CV to Ross Brander at Brandgaard Recruitment.