Digital Business Analyst
5 days left
- Job Role
- Digital Business Partner
As part of the on-going development of the Stagecoach Digital capability, we are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team to work on high profile projects delivering new Digital solutions for the group.
As Business Analyst you will lead by eliciting and documenting business requirements through a range of analysis techniques and work closely with Project and Business Managers to develop business cases and, where required, feasibility studies. The Business Analyst will be responsible for translating the Project Boards needs into specific requirements and actionable solutions. You will analyse, document and communicate these requirements and design processes in order to deliver the very best possible customer experience, satisfaction and commercial return. You will engage directly with a range of stakeholders and senior managers therefore you must have excellent communications skills.
You will be familiar with producing and understanding User Stories, Process Flows and Data Models and have an understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Business Analyst will be responsible for:
• Defining the business problems and primary objectives of new projects. Identifying and validate the key business requirements
• Creating functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs
• Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents
• Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate stakeholders
• Evaluating data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
• Transferring the business requirements knowledge to development teams or third party suppliers where required
• Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the customers business needs
• Identifying the impact of business requirements ensuring all stakeholders are aware
• Provide functional guidance for technical tasks during product development
• Working with Enterprise Architecture to document new and existing systems
• Manage requirements through the project lifecycle
• Managing any change requests related to the working project plans on a daily basis to meet the agreed deadlines
• Where required, work with the IT team to evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements
• Contribute to project plans.
• Working with the Project Manager to determine testing required e.g. system, regression, process, user acceptance for each project
• Designing the test scripts and test scenarios and executing or agreeing third party or business resource for execution
• Coordinate with the business groups who test and sign off deliverables.
• Analyse and confirm issues raised as defects or potential change requests raising them to the Project Manager, development teams or third parties for resolution or decision
To achieve these objectives, we’re looking for the following experience:
• A Business Analyst with an accredited qualification
• Experience of working with business and development teams to produce detailed requirements and providing direction, strategy and recommended approach
• Knowledge and experience of the complete software development lifecycle
• To undertake analysis work required by assigned projects including requirements gathering, functional specification creation, process mapping, data analysis, preparation of test cases alongside the appropriate stakeholders
• The ability to understand and interpret business information, no matter how vague the initial view may look.
• The ability to confirm user requirements and assess a deliverable
• Accept deliverables on behalf of the customer
• Experienced user of Visio and other Microsoft Office tools
• Assist in the enforcement of project deadlines and schedules specifically related to requirements and delivery against them
• Provide concise, accurate reporting of work progress to key stakeholders
• To give feedback where necessary to the Senior Managers/Directors
In addition, we are looking for someone who is:
• Visible, approachable, accountable and available.
• Open-minded and ‘can-do’ attitude which encourages innovation and embraces change.
• Strong interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Participates fully as a team member in building an atmosphere of openness and collaboration.
• Has strong attention to detail and quality.
• Has excellent written & spoken English.
• Is comfortable with coordinating and collaborating with business teams to drive required decisions and outcomes.
• Has a broad technical knowledge.
• Has strong knowledge of current technical trends and techniques.
In return for your skills and experience, we’re offering a competitive package along with the opportunity to join a company at the beginning of a wide ranging and challenging period of transformation.
Apply for Digital Business Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly