Head of Global Content Marketing
Out client transforms the way that people buy, sell and trade in photo and video kit. An online platform for used photography and videography equipment, they are a destination for everyone, whether you've just discovered your passion for visual storytelling or you’re already a pro.
Founded in 2011, they has always been committed to making kit more accessible and affordable, and helping to visualize a more sustainable future. They recirculate more than 300,000 items of used kit every year, extending the life and creative potential of photo and video equipment for creators around the world.
We’re looking for a Head of Global Content Marketing to bring their ambitious global marketing strategy to life through brilliant content, and work in partnership with the marketing leadership across key integrated marketing campaigns. You will be able to understand their audiences, plan compelling content accordingly, and critically have experience in managing the content production process through to distribution and optimisation.
Reporting directly to the CMO, you will set the global content strategy and manage a team of six content producers in the central team (Brighton), along with external content producers and storytellers, to deliver on it. You will also act as Centre of Excellence and governance to the local content teams and Heads of Marketing in Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin so that all content produced locally fits strategically with our global goals.
If you are passionate about delivering incredible content across our owned, earned and paid channels, and as a plus have a passion for photography and videography, we would love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Developing content strategy, maintaining rigorous planning and production processes to ensure quality content out on time and on budget.
- Work with internal and external teams on concept development to support key messaging.
- Collaborate with industry thought leaders, internal teams, and agency partners to uncover and produce unique stories that map to company’s overall content strategy.
- Work with the analytics team to understand our customers and define audiences to deliver targeted, insights-driven plans.
- Manage our in-house SEO resource to ensure maximum impact from our content.
- Produce content to support awareness, engagement, education and acquisition of photographers and videographers globally.
- Oversee the local content production teams in delivering timely and locally relevant content and campaigns.
- Manage a team of external content contributors and distributors to enable us to increase our content output and reach.
- Track and measure content, social and SEO programs and optimize resources against objectives and budget.
- Think strategically and creatively about new ways to increase relevance and introduce our brand to new audiences.
- Produce, edit, or oversee on-product copy, original content articles, advertising, printed collateral in written or video format.
- Manage MPB’s organic global social media presence across LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest to drive engagement, awareness and advocacy
- Guide the local teams in managing local social media presence in Twitter, Facebook and forums.
- Work closely with Head of Customer Experience to ensure great response to queries or complaints on social channels.
- Deliver authentic, best-in-class, visual storytelling, thanks to your extensive experience of developing content across a range of channels.
- Set the standard for excellent writing, editorial and visual representation within the marketing department, and ensure these standards across the global team, evaluating compliance and resolving issues in tone of voice and visual style.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead digital content strategy across several channels and markets.
- Knowledgeable in SEO best practices to ensure content is optimised.
- Experience in creating visual content - videos and stills - from brief through to delivery.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders to build an effective environment for the delivery of content that is on strategy and brand compliant, regardless of whether produced by the central content team, local content teams or external content creators.
- In-depth knowledge of photography and videography kit and creatives’ motivations, behaviours and interests a plus.