This job is archived
Strategic Communications Manager, Europe
Location: Flexible location within Europe, preference Warsaw, Poland.
Reports to: Vice-president for Europe
Manages: One staff member.
Annual salary: Competitive salary - negotiable based on experience
At TechSoup you will find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a non-profit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
We connect unlikely collaborators, such as social activists, hackers, designers, government, local authorities, and business partners. Together we try to generate innovative solutions to social challenges. We also build communities so that activists from the region may meet, learn, and share knowledge.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people around the world, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
Purpose of Role
If you are interested in making impact in the space of civil society and you have an open, positive mindset and a highly collaborative, can-do attitude, we want to hear from you. You will be working closely with the leadership team in Europe, the TechSoup Global Network, and other contributors outside the organization.
We aim to increase our visibility, profile, and reach throughout Europe, so that the various stakeholders such as NGOs, governments, corporate partners, and funders are aware of TechSoup, understand our work, recognize brand, and the social impact we make.
The Manager of Strategic Communications will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead and implement media and communication plans for Europe, including writing articles, blogs or developing copy for all multimedia formats, managing websites, and social media channels.
- Lead and implement TechSoup Europe media and PR outreach, from writing press pitches and other materials to monitoring EU media for relevant issues.
- Support and guide program teams in selected projects, and campaigns to assure consistent communication across different programs.
- Communicate with diverse stakeholders, such as TechSoup Europe program teams, TechSoup Partners Network, funders, corporate partners, and others to ensure the collection of information/data for program promotion.
- Coordinate with TechSoup’s global marketing team to ensure alignment with the digital marketing strategies and coherency of the global messaging and branding.
- Manage a small communication team in Europe.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in media, communications, marketing, social sciences or related field;
- At least 6-8 years of experience in communication roles, including experience in strategic communications;
- Experience in successfully managing communications staff as well as in managing relevant suppliers;
- Demonstrated experience in producing story-driven content about complex subjects that engages target audiences.
- Superb oral and written communication skills in English (native level), other languages as a plus;
- Digitally savvy: comfortable user of basic digital content creator and collaboration tools on desktop and mobile; working knowledge of WordPress preferred.
- Social media ninja: working knowledge of uses and administration of social media outlets.
- Strong initiative, motivating and inspiring others, and assuming accountability for actions and outcomes;
- Able to work independently, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong project management skills;
- Attuned to multicultural environments and skilled at engaging diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to manage in a dynamic and fluid environment;
- A genuine interest in technology for social change.
What we offer
- Onsite full-time position at the Warsaw office, or full-time remote work possible in a CET location (with regular visits to the Warsaw office) or in the UK. The post holder will mainly work directly with the Warsaw office
- Flexible working hours.
- We offer a one-of-a-kind work experience with a multicultural team of enthusiastic, innovative, smart, in an international working environment where you can meet many new and inspiring people from across the world.
TechSoup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of colour, race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for the post
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: [Register to View] [Register to View]
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Techsoup- Manager Strategic Comms” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 20 February 2022
Daryl Upsall International actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. In recruiting candidates, we seek candidates with the proven skills required; irrespective of race, gender, religion or belief, age, disability or sexual orientation.