A growing online beauty brand in Manchester are hiring a Social Media Manager
A growing beauty brand in its 5th year of trading, led by a down-to-earth MD who hires great people, trusts them to do a good job and gives them the autonomy and resources to do it. They are the opposite of corporate and are big on people being their authentic selves at work. The brand currently sells via their own D2C websites, TikTok Shop and a mixture of online platforms. They have built an impressive customer following off the back of great UGC and in-house content and are now looking to hire a Social Media Manager to bring a bit of data-driven decision making to the team, put together a plan, and coach a small team of Assistants. The team is outgoing, the opposite of corporate and are based in a relaxed office in Manchester City Centre close to public transport links.
Social isn’t new to the brand - it’s how they started and the reason behind their success but there’s still lots of opportunity for shaping processes and making your mark. The junior team have done a great job getting the brand to where it is now but they’re ready for someone to take the reins, bring a bit of data-driven decision making to the team, put together a plan, and coach the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the organic social strategy.
- Overseeing the creation and publishing of engaging social media content across various platforms. Contributing to idea generation and team brainstorming for content and campaigns.
- Leading on original content creation - planning and carrying out shoots in their on-site content studio and on location.
- Creating and maintaining a content calendar to ensure a consistent and relevant posting schedule across all social media channels.
- Tracking and analysing metrics such as reach, engagement, and follower growth to optimise strategies. Ensuring the team take a data-led approach to content/platform performance.
- Tracking success of campaigns and keep the MD updated with a dashboard/report.
- Managing a small team of Marketing Assistants to ensure workload is distributed evenly, and projects are completed. Coaching and developing their professional development.
To be successful in this role you will need demonstrable experience in Social either as a Social Media Manager, Marketing Manager, or Senior/Exec where you have delivered growth across organic social platforms and led strategies for a DTC e-commerce brand, retailer, or agency. They’re still very much a start-up environment, so you’ll need to be comfortable with change, flying by the seat of your pants (!) making decisions as you go, and mucking in as needed.
A great opportunity if you’re looking to work with a fast-growing beauty brand in a small team where you’ll have autonomy and trust, in a non-corporate environment avoiding red tape and office politics. Free on-site parking and some hybrid working available. Salary is negotiable, as the role can be flexed up or down depending on your experience - for example if you are an established Manager or an Exec ready to step up to the next level. In this role you will be able to make a huge impact in a short amount of time and have the satisfaction of contributing to the growth of the brand.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. I look forward to reviewing your application!
£Depending on Experience + Hybrid Working + Free Parking