We are working with a school who are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking subject leader for the Social Science Team. The department consists of Social Science, Geography, History, Psychology and MFL and you will work under the head of this Faculty to range standards. The school is an excellent C of E school catering to KS5 where they pride themselves with the pastoral care and development of all students.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding social sciences practitioner to step into middle leadership and to make a significant contributionto the development of Social Sciences. The Social Sciences on offer include Child Development (KS4), Sociology (KS5) and Health and Social Care (KS5). Uptake of the Social Sciences at KS4 and KS5 is high, being one of the most popular options in the school at A Level.
- a starting salary and salary progression in line with the school’s policies on Pay and Appraisal;
- engagement of all teaching staff in the HITS programme to enhance our teaching and learning in the classroom.
- professional learning is delivered for all stages of career development and supported through the LA and universities e.g. a mentoring programme for ECTs; a comprehensive induction, and a good programme of CPL.
- A supportive, collegiate culture where your enthusiasm, commitment and passion for making a difference to the lives of our students, will be supported
- an easy commute via public transport from Brighton, and from other parts of East and West Sussex and from Surrey. Many staff operate car share schemes and we have on-site parking.
- excellent CPD and would welcome an application from an outstanding practitioner who is looking to move into leadership.
- Experience of teaching Social Sciences within UK schools
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Have qualified teaching status and right to work in the UK
- We require a forward-thinking individual who has the determination and passion to promote social sciences across the school.
- We desire applicants who will demonstrate their commitment to the teaching of Social Sciences;
- have the enthusiasm, skill and ability to make a positive contribution to the leadership of this small team within the faculty.
- The successful candidate will require to evidence: how they meet the requirements of the attached person specification; their commitment to teaching across the 11-18 range; successful outcomes for students and achieving success through a team.
- In addition to teaching your primary subject across ages 11 to 18 there is an expectation that you may teach other subjects as directed in order to facilitate the delivery of the curriculum. Relevant support will be offered.
Please note, this role is to start in Jan '24. Please apply with your most recent CV to be considered.