Title: Health and Social Care Lecturer
Location: North Yorkshire
Pay: £25 - £27 per hour including holiday pay
Duration: Part-time, Temporary - Thursday, full day
Reed - Further Education are seeking a Health and Social Care Lecture to deliver Level 3 qualifications to 16+ aged students starting ASAP
What’s the day-to-day responsibilities of a Health and Social Care Lecturer?
- You will prepare creative and engaging teaching materials for classes.
- You will deliver taught classes to student groups, with clear intentions and well-defined outcomes.
- You will manage student progress and achievement through the modules you deliver.
- You will evaluate students work and provide timely, constructive feedback.
- You will take part in activities relating to recruitment of students (open evenings, interviews etc)
- You will be an active member of staff teams, contributing to curriculum development, course reviews and other activities.
- You will participate in personal development, working to develop your own professional knowledge and skillset.
What are the required skills and qualifications needed for this role?
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE) would be desirable but not essential
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject
- English and Maths at Level 2 or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- Recent teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- IT literate including knowledge of coding/programming. Also word processing, spreadsheets and databases i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Google platforms
What benefits does this role offer you?
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family-friendly Policies
- Metro Cards & Northern Rail
- Simply Health cash plan
If you are ready for a career change, and an Health and Social Care Lecturer is the next role for you, click 'Apply Now’, and register to Reed - Further Education. Alternatively, contact your local Reed - Further Education branch today, where we would love to hear from you and help you shape your next career step.
Reed - Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
We look forward to your application - Ashleigh King, Leeds