Health and Social Care Tutor - Remote Based
Apprenticeship delivery, Levels to 2 to 5 and Maths and English Functional Skills delivery
Smart Training and Recruitment has been established as a privately owned independent training provider primarily delivering apprenticeships across a variety of sectors for the past 20 years. We are rated as 5 stars on the Apprenticeship Directory by learners who leave reviews about how fantastic our quality teaching, learning and support is. We have a winning team where all employee contributions are given consideration, we value our people and know that it is this, that set's us apart from other providers.
We are looking to recruit a Health and Social care Trainer who has significant occupational experience (which in this case would be in a leading/managerial role) within an Adult care setting combined with experience of delivering apprenticeship standards from within a training organisation from levels from 2 to 5.
As you will be aware, as part of the commitment that apprenticeship standards have, is to equip and develop learners Mathematics and English skills, and therefore it is important to be aware that you will be required to deliver these subjects and must hold Maths and English functional skills qualifications to at least minimum level 2.
We work nationally and support our learners through a mix on group and 121 personalised lessons and support sessions, which are delivered via Microsoft Teams.
The role is normally Monday to Friday, core office hours of 9am to 5pm and flexibility to travel to attend meetings and training in person on occasion, across the country.
Smart Training and Recruitment are committed to giving Equal access to opportunities and we would welcome applications from any interested party who believe that they maybe suitable for this role.
As a company, we have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and Adults at Risk. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure Baring Service check (DBS) where appropriate and references will be sought for the successful candidate.
Role specific information:
To teach, train and assess Learners in order to achieve their learning programmes by passing EPA in a timely manner to the standards set by Smart Training & Recruitment, the Awarding Organisation, EPAO, Ofsted and the ESFA.
To build professional relationships with your Learners, their Employers, External Partners and other staff and Directors of Smart Training & Recruitment
1. Teach, assess, motivate and advise Learners and Employers in line with the Company's Work Based Learning Procedures to ensure Learners achieve their learning programme in a timely manner.
2. Manage a typical caseload of 45 learners on a fully remote delivery model, engaging both learners and employers.
3. Ensure evidence of planned and actual employer off the job training is captured at least quarterly in the e-portfolio, along with employer feedback on the learner’s progress at work and through the qualification framework.
4. Ensure learners record their off the job learning at least weekly to ensure no learner falls more than 30 hours behind their planned off the job training hours. Ensure timesheet entries are detailed and related only to learning relevant to the Apprenticeship.
5. Confidently plan and deliver one to one and group learning sessions, utilising collaborative tools, across a range of placements/ locations and across different employers to provide an enhanced and differentiated learning experience. These sessions must be planned to take into account prior attainment, initial assessment , learning styles and any learning needs the learners have. Continually evaluate your learning sessions with your Operations Manager using learner, employer and observer feedback to identify improvement.
6. Use the data packs provided to effectively manage your caseload, providing a full update at least every 3 months to your Operations Manager via your one to one review, identifying any areas you need support , any actions you will take to improve data where required and pro-actively requesting any training or quality assurance support.
7. Ensure your diary, and OneFile portfolios clearly show all planned activity to allow your Operations to provide remote live support, sampling and carry out observations in line with the company quality cycle.
8. Attend all team meetings and standardisation / training days virtually as required by your Operations Manager. Complete any CPD required/ identified as part of your required role competency in a timely manner.
9. Monitor work placements and learners to ensure compliance with all legislation including Health and Safety, equality of opportunity , wellbeing and safeguarding. Ensure any concerns identified are reported to your Operations Manager.
10. Conduct yourself in a professional manner in line with the Company's Code of Conduct and Policy Statements and Procedures
11. Continually evaluate and assess all practices and performance, including self evaluation through the Company's Appraisal Scheme and make recommendations for continuous improvement to our delivery models, resources and teaching plans.
12. Provide and record on the Learner Interview Information Advice and Guidance which aims to make careers and education more accessible and ensure each learner, whatever their background, can make the right education and training choices so they have the best possible chance of succeeding. This information must also show their choices for progression on completion of their chosen qualification.
1. A1 /CAVA Assessor Award Qualification - on entry
2. Certificate in Education and Training
3. Functional Skills level 2
4. Industry specific qualifications as appropriate - on entry - in this case Adult Health and social care settings
5. IAG Qualification ( Minimum level 2 )