Here at Graham & Brown, we are looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Marketing Assistant to join the team, based in Blackburn. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of Salary banding £21,988 to £23,145.
Graham & Brown has had design and colour at the heart of our business for over 75 years. With leading brands such as Superfresco Easy and the Graham & Brown brand itself, our offer stretches across categories from wallpaper, paint, fabric and wall art. We are committed to contemporary, leading-edge design, across our international markets, and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We have been recognised as a “Cool Brand” on seven successive occasions. As a 3rd generation, family run business, we have the luxury of freedom to implement fresh ideas and to form great working relationships with all our colleagues across the business. We are also a carbon neutral business with a real commitment to sustainability.
We offer a range of excellent benefits, including:
- 32 days’ holiday entitlement (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexi-time working
- Birthday day off
- Generous staff discount on all Graham & Brown products, up to 60%
- Access to colleague discount portal
- Generous pension, totalling 10%
- Life Assurance
- Free parking
- Use of company pool cars for company business
- Regular Company social events, brought to us by our very own Fun Squad!
Do you love messing around on social media? Are you keen to find new ways to talk to half a million people about wallpaper and being a sustainable business? If so, we have just the role for you….
As our Social Media Marketing Assistant, you will support the Social Media Executive on various marketing initiatives to grow our social media following and digital presence. You’ll be fast on your feet and ready to come up with bright new ideas. You’ll be a keen content creator with exceptional writing skills, a real passion for social media and enthusiasm for making content that people love.
Our Social Media Marketing Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting in being the voice on social media including responding and escalating as necessary to consumers and staying engaged in the conversation
- Creating on trend and on brand content across a variety of social media platforms including Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Assisting in execution of new initiatives to help grow the social fan base across all of our platforms
- Being current across all new emerging technologies and social communities
- Participating in the development of social media strategies and key programming throughout the year
- Monitoring and distributing user generated content
- Uploading content in line with the brand guidelines and social media strategy
- Tracking our competitors and brands that set a high standard of presentation and creativity
- Following fashion and trends, and other features that our brand could benefit from
- Building and maintaining working relationships with influencers
- Identifying brand partnerships and brand positioning influencers
- Coordinating contracts, samples and gifting for outreach
- Supporting Manager to ensure that KPI targets are met or exceeded
- Building strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure good representation of the brand, and to get things done cross departmentally
Experience and skills required by our Social Media Marketing Assistant:
- Educated to degree level or have relevant experience
- Strong understanding and passion for social media. This includes, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, X (formerly Twitter) and TikTok
- PC literate – Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Very well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Competent to work on own initiative
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and confident with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Creative with strong visual skills (knows what good photography looks like)
- Good communicator with strong written English
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, click ‘Apply’ now to be considered our Social Media Marketing Assistant - we’d love to hear from you!