Domiciliary Care Coordinator £23,500 - 26.000/annum Benefits Travel + Pension SW London
The role of a Care Coordinator involves working closely with the Local Authority, Health care professional, GP etc.. and other providers. The ideal candidate will need to be computer literate and able to pick up new systems relatively quickly and project a positive and professional image at all times, assisting Home Care Worker promptly and conducting all business in a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable manner.
You will be responsible for on call duties Monday to Friday as rostered
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To produce care staff rotas on a weekly basis using the organisations computer based roster system.
- All records and rotas to be up to date at all times and be compliant to the organisational and legal requirements of a safe and well-planned service.
- To be a part of the on-call team.
- To be responsible for reviewing and accepting, processing and allocating referrals with the Field Care Supervisors
- To allocate calls to care workers, taking into consideration Service User's needs and preferences for gender and compatibility.
- To provide care workers with full briefings about Service User's needs and any other information that is required to deliver a good service. Providing updates as Service User's needs.
- To inform care workers of any amendments to their schedules as they occur with careful clarification.
- To ensure accurate records are maintained on the Care Free roster, including Service User and staff information, a daily event record and details of service delivered, staff holidays, absence and training.
- To proactively liaise with Social Workers, Service Users, Family Members and Care Workers to take on new referrals and arrange with the Care Manager to plan initial assessments.
- To communicate effectively with Service Users, staff, colleagues, GP's, Social Workers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to promote a high standard of care/support. Ensuring information is shared on a need to know basis and in the best interest of the Service User.
- To undertake on call duties, as part of an agreed pre-planned rota in order to provide an effective out of
- Health & Social Care experience (paid or voluntary)
- A qualification relevant to
- the position (within the Home Care sector)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC literate with the ability to adapt to in house systems
- Experience of call centre style environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Supportive - recognise how to contribute to the team to help