Search Marketing Executive
Overview and scope of job role:
At Ironmongery Direct we are looking for a Search Marketing Executive to join our team. The Search Marketing Executive will be responsible for the creation and optimisation of our SEO and PPC activity to help attract customers and drive revenue. Within the role you’d be responsible for the on-going management of our Google & Bing Ads accounts split across all channels (Text, Shopping & Display) as well as performing SEO audits, reporting on paid & organic performance to helping execute new link building campaign ideas.
The role will also consist of managing multi-million-pound budgets, alongside an expert team who are driven by data, whilst also looking for new areas of opportunity. Being the largest contributor to turnover, the Search Marketing team are exposed to all senior levels of the organisation.
The Search Marketing Executive will report into the Search Marketing Manager and will be a crucial part of the development of our Paid & Organic search strategy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ownership for day-to-day maintenance of Google & Bing Ads
- Providing reporting on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to wider team
- Optimising the shopping product feed
- Conducting keyword research analysis of current PPC campaigns
- Maintain & manage our text, shopping and display campaigns as well as any programmatic advertising partners
- Manage various third-party vendors and optimise their performance
- Analysing performance of campaigns whilst identifying new areas of opportunity to optimise to reach KPIs
- Utilise AI & copywriting tools to help create keyword-rich, data-driven content
- Conducting frequent competitor analysis and auction insight reporting to identify threat and opportunity
- Keeping up to date of any emerging technologies and developments within paid & organic search
- Taking ownership of adhoc projects to help the team / wider business.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with using Google Ads, Google Analytics & Bing/Microsoft Ads
- Fully qualified with Google Certifications for PPC
- A good understanding of the different types of PPC ads
- Some experience with and knowledge of SEO best practices and tools (e.g., Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Deepcrawl, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good data analytical skills, with the ability to read, write, analyse, and report to a high level.
- A data-driven and proactive approach to problem solving and analysis
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English speaking, reading and writing
Health and Safety
The jobholder must familiarise themselves with the Company’s Health and Safety requirements, the applicable risk assessments and safe working practices.
If any hazard is encountered in the place of work it is the individual’s responsibility to notify his manager/supervisor or Health and Safety representative.
The jobholder is responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others in the workplace. Personal Protective Equipment is freely available upon request and it is the duty of the jobholder to wear PPE as determined by the company in the designated areas.
If the jobholder has any doubts about the safety of any task it is the jobholder’s responsibility to STOP the work and agree a safe working practice with his/her manager.
Please note this job description does not claim to be exhaustive in the duties it defines, and it may to some extent change from time to time. This document will be reviewed during the annual appraisal process and any changes where appropriate will be made formally via the HR Department.