Are you a driven, high calibre, experienced, and tenacious Area Sales Manager with a proven track record in promoting Flooring Products to Independent Flooring Retailers and Wholesalers, Major Flooring Distributors, Builders Merchants, and Major DIY chains?
If so, we are working with a progressive, ambitious, and disruptive Manufacturer who is seeking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to join their well-established team to drive profitable business in the North West & Yorkshire Region.
A highly successful Manufacturer with a strong reputation built up over nearly 50 years.
Our client is a design and sustainability-focused European Manufacturer and supplier of Engineered Wood Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Luxury Vinyl Flooring and Flooring accessories.
The portfolio consists of a large range of flooring solutions and with a strong emphasis on craftsmanship and European production, their expertise and know-how have been handed down through generations, producing innovative designs to inspire our customers and enhance their interior spaces.
Our client is committed to the continuous development of their people and offers personal learning further education and excellent career progression opportunities to anyone who joins their business.
The Area Sales Manager will proactively promote our client’s high-quality flooring solutions via independent Flooring Retailers and Wholesalers, Major Flooring Distributors, Builders Merchants, and Major DIY chains by raising awareness, generating sales and hitting agreed sales team goals whilst working closely with other members of the team both internally and externally.
The Area Sales Manager's Responsibilities
Responsible for business expansion in the territory.
- Manage customer advisory services on-site as well as via telephone, email, and video-conferencing.
- Support of the existing customer base and strengthening of customer relations.
- Identify acquisition potentials, and monitor market and competition.
- Follow-up on pre-qualified leads handed over by Inside Sales and opening of accounts accordingly.
- Supervision of construction projects - starting with the tendering process, through the awarding of contracts, to site supervision
- Collaborating with Inside Sales and Customer Service on quotation management.
- Responsible for Sales closing and first-level complaint processing.
- Organisation and implementation of training events and trade fairs.
- Tracking of customer activities in the CRM system (Salesforce).
- Preparation of sales reports.
- Turnover and contribution related to the territory.
- Complaints processing and response time.
- Efficient use of all customer touchpoints.
- Payment performance of the customers.
- Newer customer acquisition and market expansions
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required - Essential
- To be considered Candidates must be located on the territory, happy to work remotely, and have an excellent working knowledge of who’s who in the target sales channels and the inner ways and workings of how to successfully manage a sales cycle from inception through to completion.
- To be considered Candidates must have at least 3-5 years of experience promoting an interior design-led product or service offering ideally within the flooring sector along with an in-depth understanding of sustainability, design, and what that entails.
- To be considered Candidates must have a sound network of relationships, connections and understanding of the independent flooring retail and wholesale marketplace, larger flooring distributors, and additional experience selling flooring covering products into Builders Merchants and major DIY chains would be advantageous
- Experience in short and long-term project selling cycles
- Evidence of stability and success in similar previous roles
- Must have a growth mindset and must be a business development-driven field sales professional
- Team player
- Full driving license
- Computer literate (to include Excel)
- Entrepreneurial profile: High motivation, dynamism, and autonomy to develop your own business on the specified territory, with methodology and constant focus.
- A natural networker, at ease with building relationships at all levels, and identifying decision-makers and key stakeholders across the sales channels.
- A driven sales professional who is able to grow the existing account base and is confident working on new and exciting design-led projects
Salary & Benefits
Strong Basic Salary (Up To £45,000+ Potentially More for the right Candidate D.O.E) + Excellent Uncapped Commission Structure + High Spec / Low Tax Company Car or Car Allowance @ £6000pa + Pension +Healthcare + Mobile + Laptop + 25 Days Holiday + Career Development Opportunities
Location: North West & Yorkshire