My client based in Grasmere is recruiting for a Marketing and Sales Manager to join their team.
They are looking for a self-motivated, dynamic and experienced Marketing & Sales Manager with a proven track record in the food retail/tourism sector. This is a full-time, on-site position working alongside a small, dedicated and enthusiastic Sales & Marketing team.
The successful candidate must have a working knowledge/understanding of the marketing 'mix' across multiple platforms.
Hours of Work: 5 days a week on-site / 9.00am - 5.30pm (1 hour for lunch)
Rate of Pay: Salary is £26,000-£35,000 (plus benefits) dependent on relevant experience, skills and qualification(s).
Main Purpose of Job: To fully embrace the company's ethos and brand enabling the development and growth in all areas of the business through creative and dynamic sales and marketing activity across the marketing mix.
Main tasks of the job:
· Embrace the brand and effectively communicate this through all marketing channels;
· Promote brand awareness through research (sourcing) and initiatives subject to director(s) approval;
· Ensure all brand guidelines are met by working with the Stock and Procurement Manager on product development;
· Identify potential partner brands to collaborate with on new products and joint promotional marketing activities;
· Maximise business profile through awards, representations and relevant business classifications.
· Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
· Work with the Head of Marketing and Sales to identify and implement opportunities within the overall marketing plan to meet the company's objectives;
· Consult with press officer over media content/activities and organise any media visits;
· Produce, proof and coordinate all marketing literature and distribution;
· Organise and attend business and public events;
· Produce reports as directed by the Head of Marketing and Sales
· Provide support to members of the Marketing and Sales team and cover when required;
· Execute digital marketing advertising campaigns on Meta Business Suite;
· Collaborate with the Social Media and Digital Executive on online campaigns;
· Coordinate with external agencies for Google Ads and monitor using GA4;
· Photography; respond to requests and organize photographers and shoots.
· Support the Sales & Merchandising Manager on seasonal campaigns;
· Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Sales team on future campaigns to further sales and promotions;
· Understand and react to sales reports across different mediums and link to marketing activity;
· Effectively communicate the launch of new products and related campaigns internally and externally;
· Work with the Sales & Merchandising Manager with large, bespoke, and B2B orders;
· Be proactive and reactive to sales opportunities.
Tourism and international marketing:
· Promote product to international market through forums, networking, and assets;
· Promote the business as a visitor attraction within the wider tourism sector;
· Manage international websites;
· Create, print and distribute promotional literature;
· Host international VIP visits (media & tourism);
· Research and develop international markets to increase brand awareness and sales.
Website and e-commerce:
· Maintain the company website and update relevant web pages as and when required;
· Develop ecommerce alongside the Technical Manager and Dispatch Manager;
· Ensure website is full functioning, liaising with the Technical Manager and website designers;
· Update the companies international websites to fulfill overseas marketing objectives (working with external providers).
· Support the Sales Ambassador in the development of the annual events programme and assist at events when required;
· To ensure the brand is correctly presented to the consumer in line with established guidelines.
Essential skills and experience
· Proven track record of working within marketing and be able to demonstrate results;
· Print & publications; copywriting, proof reading and eye for detail;
· Highly effective communicator at all levels both written and verbal;
· Digital advertising using Meta Business Suite;
· Digital - website maintenance i.e., Microsoft, Campaign monitor, GA4 preferably;
· Excellent time management;
· Able to manage and co-ordinate several projects at once;
· Attention to detail is paramount;
· Highly presentable and personable;
· Enthusiastic and creative.
· Qualifications in marketing discipline(s);
· Extensive digital marketing knowledge and/or equivalent qualification;
· An understanding and appreciation of retail and ecommerce;
· Food and/or Tourism background preferable.
Please contact Pip Gray on for more info.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.