Do you want to be a valued part of the critical infrastructure that serves communities across Europe and beyond? Are you looking for a position in which you can set direction and help shape our company? If so, then you could be the newest addition to our team on a 12 month fixed term contract as Group Sales Manager.
Be part of the movement - and play your part
About the role:
As Group Sales Manager you will be responsible for leading an assigned team of specialists handling group bookings on our passenger routes. Direct team management is important to coach, grow and develop the team as well as looking at ways to optimise and standardise workflows and processes. Ensuring a high level of customer service underpins all we do.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure a high-performance team culture filled with energy and the desire to support both internal and external customers across all DFDS Passenger routes and sales territories.
- Analysing and communicating an accurate assessment of predicted wash by route for all contract bookings with attention to the peak risk departures.
- Ensure that SLA’s are communicated and maintained.
- A unified way of working with CRM in conjunction with the Head of Sales Operation and Head of Field Sales.
- Base your own and your team’s work on value over volume and make sure to prioritize key work as directed.
You will be a role model in fantastic customer service and support to influence positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. The Group Sales Manager should be a solid multitasker, professional in approach, with the ability to drive change and a standard way of working. To have the ability to perform well in a collaborative work environment and be a strong team player who can work with a diverse global team spread out geographically. It is preferable that you have experience in a multi-location sales centre with a mix of virtual and physical teams. Ideally the successful candidate will have a background in the travel sector and an additional language in either Dutch or German would be an advantage.
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all. And we cannot wait for you to join.
Working at DFDS
Join the movement and grow with us.
Be a valued member of a diverse team at DFDS and help drive change together.
While you’re with us, we want you to develop. At DFDS, we believe that development happens first and foremost through activities in the workplace. We will also offer training courses that can support you in your role, if needed.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family.
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more.
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform.
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing.
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply Now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience, and desire match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV as soon as possible, as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to hearing from you.