Are you a driven sales professional with experience in promoting construction products to Building Contractors and Key Distributors?
If so, we are working with a leading manufacturer of Drainage Solutions who are looking to appoint an Area Sales Manager to join their team with responsibility for promoting their solutions across the Scotland region.
The Ares Sales Manager will be responsible for promoting our Client’s high-quality, market-leading range of Drainage Solutions and work closely with other members of the team.
Specific duties would include:
- Develop existing relationships and create new ones so that our Client is the customer's 1st choice for their range of products.
- Understand the specification process
- Raise the Company’s profile within its existing key stockist base, setting up business plans and sharing project information.
- Deliver training presentations to stockists, and product presentations to Contractors and Merchants.
- Be able to negotiate prices within agreed parameters to give the company the best margin opportunities.
- Dealing with customers day to day-to-day requirements.
- Knowledge of reading site drawings would be helpful.
- Promote and sell new product ranges.
- Achieve agreed targets.
- Where necessary, assist with New Product Development areas.
- Identifying key installing contractors, setting up trading terms, and building long-term business objectives
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
In order to be successful in this role, you will need experience in dealing with one or more of the following in Scotland: Main Contractors, M&E Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Architects, and Public Health Engineers along with experience in managing key merchant accounts.
- Self-motivated individual who can work well either on their own or in a team in a highly proactive sales environment
- Ability to manage own area, and introduce tailored customer business plans to drive sales forward.
- Track record of Solution Selling
- A clean driver's license is essential.
- Previous experience as an AREA Sales Manager or similar field-based roles
- Competent IT skills are required, will need to know how to use MS Office & Outlook.
- Good communication skills with a friendly approach are needed.
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist in the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and a good understanding of specifier, contractor, and merchant relationships is required, with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.