Fast growing service business based in the Worsely area requires a Transactional Manager. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an excellent role that will offer progression and development to the right person along with the opportunity to develop a department both in numbers and processes. This role will manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and billing functions of the finance department across the companies within the 'Group’.
The main duties of this role will include:
- Lead the Accounts Receivable team to ensure regular review of payment status, cash reconciliation and allocation to ensure accurate and up to date Debtors ledger.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure platforms have been set up correctly and that sales are being recorded correctly and reconciled receipts.
- Report to Management on a monthly basis with the size and ageing of the Debtor’s ledger highlighting any customers with overdue debt or who are approaching their credit insurance limit.
- Lead the Accounts Payable team to ensure the accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices.
- Review effectiveness of existing PO system and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Ensure both Revenue and Expense accruals at the month end are recorded accurately in the accounts.
- For both AP & AR, liaise with relevant department Managers to make sure all stock and supply queries are resolved.
- Delivery of month end close timetable for AP & AR.
- Ownership of all AP and AR processes, including the development and implementation of improvements to systems and processes (alongside the Financial Controller and Management Accountants) within the department to ensure efficient and effective business operations. This will include but is not limited to;
- Implement a weekly BACs payment run.
- Supplier statement reconciliations for all major suppliers
- Updating the current process for Intercompany transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring all bank accounts are regularly reconciled and receipts/payments are allocated to the ledger.
- Maintenance of UK and foreign bank accounts.
- Leadership and development of the team
The right candidate will have experience in the above and be looking for a role that will offer progression and development to the right person.
In return an excellent package is offered with this role.