Our client a well established 4-star hotel based in the Essex countryside are current seeking an experienced full time Sales Executive with a background in hospitality and events to join their small yet busy Events team.
- Dealing with incoming sales enquiries and logging all details on system
- Responding to all enquiries in a timely manner
- Following up on all enquiries to 'close' the sale
- Meeting and exceeding call, viewing and revenue targets
- Completing viewing appointments and providing accurate quotations
- To learn and have extensive knowledge of the hotel's products and services
- To liaise with management where needed to close the sale
- To monitor all confirmed and provisional bookings to ensure no double bookings occur
- Post daily sales with accurate revenue
- Raising proforma invoices and handling deposits
- To be aware of events diary and actively work on filling quieter periods
- Establishing good relationships with clients, agencies, caterers etc to ensure maximum exposure and increase revenue
- Supporting the Planning Team and assisting when needed
- Issuing initial contract documents
- Providing the highest level of guest service at all times
- Encouraging full usage of all facilities in the hotel to maximise sales
- Providing sales data for internal sales reporting
- Feedback to management on any internal issues that may be affecting sales
- To learn and have extensive knowledge of competitor hotels and venues
- To attend meetings and training when required
- To assist with any adhoc duties as required
- Excellent sales ability with strong conversion skills
- Confident in negotiation
- Drive to exceed targets
- Able to communicate and understand the needs of clients from diverse backgrounds
- Able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- A good problem solver when faced with customer concerns
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- An immaculately presented person
- Previous experience in Hotel & Event Sales environment
- Understand hotel operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The role is based on a 5 day working week of 40 hours. To include weekends, Bank Holidays and some late evenings.
28 days holiday. Salary of £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
First interview will take place at the Noble Recruiting office based in Wickford.
Noble Recruiting Limited is an independent, family-run recruitment agency, based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers for over 15 years.
Due to the high volume of applications for our roles, if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.