Do you want to be a valued part of the critical infrastructure that serves communities across Europe and beyond? Are you looking for a position in which you can set direction and help shape our company? If so, then you could be the newest addition to our team as Retail Application Support Specialist.
Be part of the movement – and play your part.
About the role
As part of the expansion of the Passenger Tribe, we are establishing a team of Retail Application Support. You will join a small team who will act as 2nd line support for our POS solution called LS Retail.
Your primary responsibility will be application support for our end-users onboard 19 vessels and 2 port shops as well as other users that are using LS retail system.
There is potential for this team to grow and manage more applications.
You will get to work with following tasks:
- Manage incidents through to resolution, collaborating with other teams as needed and escalate through incident process where required.
- Monitor retail system operation, performance, and availability, and rectify any issues.
- Perform standard configuration in our production system and applications supporting retail operations.
- Provide functional and technical support to end-users.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the team to enhance service levels.
- There will be on-call shifts where you’ll assist end-user if you receive calls. Each team member will take part of the on-call shift.
- Keep all internal documentation correct and up to date (knowledge base)
When you join us, we will give you a thorough introduction, so you feel well equipped to handle the daily tasks.
The ideal person for this position with have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field is preferred.
- Previous experience as an application support analyst focused on retail solution. LS retail is preferred but not a must.
- ITIL Practitioner or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to plan, prioritise and perform under pressure to meet SLAs
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- Willing to travel
- Driving License
As part of standardizing the way we do support in DFDS, this position is part of a newly created team with dedicated focus on support. You will work in close collaboration with 3rd line specialists such as product owners, analysts and developers. Initially the position will be part of the 3rdline team, until qualified to take on 2nd line support. After that, the Retails Application Support team will transfer to the centralized Support & Operations department, consisting of more than 60 supporters.
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all. And we cannot wait for you to join. ?
Working at DFDS
Join the movement and grow with us.
Be a valued member of a diverse team at DFDS and help drive change together.
While you’re with us, we want you to develop. At DFDS, we believe that development happens first and foremost through activities in the workplace. We will also offer training courses that can support you in your role, if needed.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family.
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more.
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform.
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing.
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience, and desire match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV as soon as possible, as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to hearing from you.