Marketing and Events Officer
£24,242 – £24,242 • yearly
Marketing and Events Officer
Contract: Full time Permanent
Benefits Flexible working | Competitive pension scheme | Wellbeing programme
As the voice of the UK’s co-operative movement, we are delighted to present this truly unique opportunity for a skilled Marketing and Events Officer to join our dynamic organisation.
From football clubs and farms, to convenience stores and pubs, there are more than 7,000 co-operatives in the UK, each owned and controlled by their members and based on a set of shared values and principles. By promoting shared wealth through member ownership, we are committed to enable anyone in the UK to form, or join, thriving and sustainable co-ops.
As Marketing and Events Officer you will play a vital role in supporting our marketing and events function within our Member Services Team. With a passion for seeking and telling compelling stories, you will create a range of engaging promotional content for various digital and print platforms from case studies, blogs, news releases, social media and press releases.
Drawing on your knowledge of social media platforms – including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram as well as popular platforms for younger audiences such as TikTok – you will use your excellent written and verbal communication skills and a keen eye for design to help drive our marketing and events function by engaging with our members, the wider co-operative sector and the general public.
As a strong team-player you will also support our Events Manager to deliver our busy programme of events – from flagship conferences to our online programme of training courses, webinars and networking events.
This role will appeal to a dynamic and innovative individual who enjoys a varied workload.
We invite all interested parties to learn more about the role and our organisation within the recruitment pack, which can be downloaded from the recruitment documents section.
Content and design
- Create compelling content including case studies, blogs and events copy
- Research, write and publish news releases and respond to media enquiries
- Assist in the production and provide content for core publications including the Co-op Economy and Annual Report
- Active role in the development of promotional materials and campaigns, including copywriting
- Support internal communications
- Input into the communications plan and wider marketing strategy
- Contribute to the management of any external agencies involved in the delivery of the communications plan
Digital channels and social media
Craft bespoke and high-performing email campaigns covering our events programme, policy work, advice offering and other member services
- Produce engaging social media content, across multiple platforms, that reflects
- Co-operatives UK’s tone of voice and helps grow audiences
- Create presentations (including templates) for a range of audiences
- Use digital assets to create on-brand imagery for digital channels and presentations
Support our Events Manager to deliver our events programme
- Support and co-ordinate the arrangement, delivery and general logistics of our flagship events
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials designed to generate interest and attendance at our events and training courses, including event programmes, display banners and other requirements as needed
- Attend and provide in-person support for flagship events
- Attend and provide support for online training courses, webinars and networking events
- Assist with any other tasks given to ensure the success of our busy events programme
Working collaboratively within the marketing events function, as well as across the organisation
- Develop an understanding of Co-operatives UK’s membership base to support the marketing of our services and to raise awareness of co-ops
- Evaluate the success of marketing campaigns and events using relevant analytical tools
- Under supervision, be responsible for certain elements of our marketing and events output
- Occasional evening and weekend or out of hours work required inline with the events schedule
Knowledge of social media platforms, with an immediate focus on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram, and with a finger on the social media pulse for current and future trends, including platforms popular amongst young people (e.g. TikTok)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation and time-management skills
- Ability to plan and work using own initiative with the ability to prioritise
- A common-sense approach to tasks and projects
- Creative and a problem-solver
At Co-operatives UK we are a mindful, inclusive and equal opportunities employer. As an organisation that is owned and controlled by its members, we put our people at the forefront of all that we do.
Flexible working options
- Pension scheme
- Discounted travel to work schemes
- Employee wellbeing assistance programme including free eye tests
- Personal and professional growth and development, including coaching
- Trade union
To apply please follow our application process and complete the application form. CVs received directly cannot be accepted as an application for the role.
Application deadline: 27th November 2022
Interviews: 13th and 14th December 2022
Ref: 137 659
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service