Hardwick Hall is one of Derbyshire's most treasured country houses. The retail shop sits within the
With your love of working with people and desire to provide a great service, you’ll welcome and talk to our visitors to the shop answering any questions they have.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Contract/duration: This is a fixed term position till the end of April 2024
Hours/working pattern/hours: It will be for 12.50 hours per week. This consists of 2 approximately 6.25 hour shifts over weekdays and/or weekendsWhat it's like to work here
This vacancy is included in a trial of the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme (level 1).
If you have a disability, and your qualities, skills and experience are a good fit with the 'Who we're looking for' section below, we will guarantee you either a telephone or face to face interview. Please contact us at .uk, when you apply, to let us know, quoting the reference number for this vacancy.
Hardwick Hall is one of Derbyshire's most treasured country houses and our retail team is an integral part of raising funds for Hardwick and other special places.
This is a great opportunity to become part of an encouraging and close knit team in a place that you will love working. Made up of retail manager, team leader and 4 other team members, we aim to always deliver outstanding customer service to our visitors. Everyday will be varied and you will continue to learn and grow in your role with us.
To find out more about what it’s like to work within “Retail” at the National Trust, click here to watch our video.What you'll be doing
You will assist the Retail Team to deliver a unique retail experience. Offering customers help and shopping advice with their purchases will be an essential part of your role. Working along side staff and volunteers, other duties may include receiving, unpacking, and arranging deliveries, creating shop displays and working with other members of the team to keep the shop floor area clean and organised. This role would suit anyone with a passion for delivering great customer service and an interest in learning about retail.Who we're looking for
- Customer focused with positive attitude
- A team player, but also can work by yourself
- Well organised and adaptable
- Willing to learn new skills
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice