Retail Team Leader/Deputy Manager
Part-time - 18 hours per week
As a Deputy Manager, you will keep your store running like clockwork, working in partnership with your Store Manager. You will lead by example, living our values of being “Crafty”, “Caring” and “Can-do” and you’ll be responsible for the store and all metrics whilst they’re away, supporting the stores business plan day to day
Working as a Deputy Manager for The Works you’ll inspire your team to deliver the best customer service experience by creating moments that matter with our customers; and you’ll also have the opportunity to make a real difference with your colleagues too, playing an important role in coaching and motivating the team to help be the best they can be.
We recognise that you are our future Store Managers and beyond... We will actively develop your skills and personal development, as well as offering a real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training team.
We will invest time and money back in you with dedicated training and surrounding you with a great support network.We are extremely proud of our position in the marketplace and we know our success comes from our family of colleagues; you will be at the heart of your store, making a difference to your team.Main duties and key responsibilities of our Deputy Managers:
- Working closely with your Store Manager to achieve the highest sales and profitability possible in your store.
- Make sure your team work well together and they are known by customers for their outstanding customer experience.
- Maintain an outstanding store environment
- Lead and motivate the team on a day to day basis
- Support the Store Manager with recruitment and development of the team
- Finally...manage the responsibility for your store when your Store Manager is not working.
What we want from you:
Previous leadership experience
- To be resilient, positive and people focused
- To support and motivate the team on every shift
- To have great communication skills.
- To be dedicated to improve on what we currently do. We appreciate that at all levels our colleagues bring with them some amazing ideas.
We’re the UK’s leading family friendly retailer of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. With over 530 stores nationwide together with a brilliant online store, we’re here to offer our customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
We’re a proactive and hardworking bunch. We’ve built an environment that’s busy, fast-moving and full of energy. Our atmosphere is welcoming, friendly and inclusive. If you’re the kind of person who’s as crafty, caring and can-do as we are, then this is the kind of culture for you.