Reed Secure are working in alignment with the UK’s largest Police Force.
They have a requirement for a Research and Analysis Officer to join their Violence Reduction Unit on a contractual basis.
- Contract length: Up to 12-months
- Pay rate: £25.38 per hour, PAYE or £32.67, Umbrella.
- VCFLocation:SE1, office 2 days a week (Tuesdays is Mandatory)
- Clearance: Upon successful offer you will be subject to police vetting in order to obtain CTC clearance
If you are driven to support the London communities and have a passion for using data, research, and insights to solve complex problems then this could be the contract for you!
This is a rare and exciting opportunity; London’s Violence Reduction Unit is focused on stopping violence before it happens through an approach that is rooted in prevention and early intervention.
They use research, data and intelligence to better understand why violence occurs and take action to prevent it now and in the long term.
They are a team of specialists who use our expertise to work in partnership with communities, councils, the NHS, public health, the police, schools, colleges, and charities to coordinate efforts and bring about change.
This role is pivotal to supporting the unit with developing a data-driven, evidence-based approach to preventing violence. This is a key role within an exciting and ambitious multi-disciplinary team; supporting the Research & Evaluation leads to embed evidence-informed practice within the unit and contribute to our understanding of ‘what works’ to reduce violence.
• Research and analytical experience
• Knowledge and experience in data management and analytical software.
• Experience analysing qualitative and quantitative data and presenting complex information to senior stakeholders.
• Knowledge and experience of using evidence and data to identify challenges and improve public services.
• Has successfully implemented systems to collect data and feedback to capture the experience of users and communities.
• Experience developing creative ways to communicate and visualise data.
• Experience using analytical software below as well as be confident in coding language
• Power BI
• R Studio
• Candidates will also be required to support programme managers as to what info data they should be collecting.
• Manipulating data and preparing data for visual presentation.
• Dashboard building / creation.
• Translating complex data into actionable insight.
If you are someone who has a keen interest in working with communities and perhaps a degree in Data Science, then please apply today!