We need everyone's positive energy and innovative thinking to lead the energy transition to net zero. That's why we welcome applications from all backgrounds and experiences and have a range of flexible working options to suit everyone! We are looking for an Insight Manager to join our team based at Solihull.
Here's what you'll be doing
The E.ON I&C Pillar has combined the nPower nBS & E.ON B2B businesses to create a new £8 billion revenue business serving c60,000 customers and around 300,000 meter points with a view to becoming the number one B2B energy supplier in the UK.
Right now, we're looking for an Insight Manager to join our Corporate & Strategic (C&S) team based in Solihull. For this role, you will drive, sales and service, financial and operational performance within the C&S segment through the insight delivered by the team. This role offers a great opportunity to work with various stakeholders within the business. You will have a pro-active working manner and as such will be able to balance tactical and strategic business priorities. You will develop and set sales channel targets, working with the sales managers to refine and challenge these. This role offers the hybrid working approach, where you will be working in the office (Solihull) 2-3 days per week.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to take the next step in their career and make a huge difference to one of the world’s foremost energy suppliers.
- Responsible for the performance management framework for the segment including but not limited to; reporting, meetings and customer engagement. Being a key interface with the rest of the nBS performance management community
- Setting targets on an annual basis and working to realign them to ensure we deliver our targets for turnover, EBIT and deliver the cash into the business as planned.
- Prepare and own the Corporate and Strategic assumptions for the MTP and forecasting processes.
- Ensure all risks and opportunities to plan are identified, quantified, and reported through the appropriate governance mechanism and escalating for visibility.
- Own the forecasting of segment performance, to provide detail of the expected financial outturn of the segment.
- Development and reporting of KPIs for the Corporate and Strategic business area.
- Understand the profitability of our customers, building analysis into retention opportunities.
- Support formulation of business cases for OPEX/CAPEX developments to deliver future business growth.
What we need from you
- Knowledge and experience of energy markets, customers, sales, and service processes with good a network of industry contacts.
- Ability to plan, report, govern and control associated processes.
- Experience of Financial Control & Commercial Management including budget setting, cost to and controls.
- Ability to interpret complex, multiple sources of data and insight to optimise financial performance, provide intelligent commentary and make recommendations to inform critical business decisions.
- Experienced in directing a multi-functional team of specialists with strong coaching capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with different perspectives, needs and priorities in an increasingly cost/investment constrained environment with a passion for delivering financial value, customer, and operational excellence.
Here’s what you need to know
- Our market-leading benefits package includes 26 days holiday + bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, life cover, bonus and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits with tax and/or NI savings. In fact, our benefits package recently won the Personnel Today Reward, Recognition and Benefits Award 2022! As the only energy company to feature in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers (our 2022/23 ranking is 15th) we’ve proven that we’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
- We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working and offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time and job share.
- As a Disability Confident Employer we interview every disabled applicant who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- We’ve exciting opportunities for everyone to develop their talent at E.ON. Our open access, inclusive talent networks provide networking, learning and development for all, building your skills, qualifications, and capabilities throughout your career.