SEO & Content Manager
Exeter, Devon (home-based, with travel into Exeter office one day a week or as required) OR home-based (with occasional travel to Exeter)
At Webrecruit, we’re a recruitment advertising and software company, a rare combination of creatives, developers, thought leaders and sales professionals who collaborate to create practical, usable solutions to clients’ recruitment needs.
We do something called Hybrid Recruitment - we’re not all recruitment advertising and we’re not focused on just making software. We are advertising, recruitment and hiring software experts providing fully rounded solutions that meet a company’s entire recruitment needs, from producing an advert to attracting the right people and onboarding them via our market-leading hiring platform software.
And we’re certainly not just dipping our toes in the water - we’ve been at this since 2001, we got through the chaos of 2020 and we’re firing on all cylinders. Webrecruit is growing, and we plan to keep on doing so! So, what could be more important than expanding our Marketing team to support in making our plans a reality?
Webrecruit’s Marketing function is ramping up activity, and with that in mind, we have need for an SEO & Content Manager who will take the lead on all SEO-related activity across our function and brand, ensuring our content will stand out online for technical and creative reasons!
Working collaboratively with content specialists and/or freelancers, you will take ownership of strategizing for a keyword rich content calendar; every recommendation you make and action you take will be aligned to company goals, with a commercial eye focused on increasing client acquisition. Project managing SEO-led content production, you will provide timely keyword recommendations following your ongoing research. You will be central to the delivery of blog and content briefs, providing proofreading and editing support, as well as coordinating visual creative, publishing content and more!
Whilst looking forwards, you will also perform regular content and blog optimisation initiatives, retroactively performing hygiene-related duties such as improving metadata, restructuring URLs, ensuring redirects to internal links, etc. These activities will help further improve our overall SEO & Content strategies, meaning we are building upon our foundations to improve performance.
Additionally, on a day-to-day basis you will:
- Perform regular content audits to inform further optimisation, search intent calibration and more!
- Analyse organic content performance, sharing performance insights with key stakeholders
- Update and optimise content in line with the re-publishing cycle (this will require some content creation so you will be able to get your creative juices flowing!)
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure all related activities are aligned to overall content strategy, as well as being on brand
- Work closely with content specialists and/or freelancers, ensuring work is in line with strategies and is delivered on time
What we’re looking for in an SEO & Content Manager:
- Relevant experience in Content SEO, keyword and topics research, content planning, managing content calendar etc.
- Experience in briefing creatives (copywriters, graphic designers, etc.) and working collaboratively within a Marketing function
- Good understanding and experience of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush
- Excellent writer, editor and proof-reader of written English
- Strong organisational skills, reflected in your ability to project manage a programme of content
- Reporting and analytical skills, making data meaningful
Experience of working within a SaaS, Software and/or technology business would be beneficial to your application but is by no means essential.
What will you get in return?
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum (DOE)
- 23 days’ holiday pro rata + Bank Holidays (Allowance increases in line with service)
- Dress down policy
- Work from home/ Hybrid working policy
- Comprehensive training
- Staff dos & socials to reward everyone’s hard work!
The role would also suit someone looking to gain experience in people management; as we continue to grow, the SEO & Content Manager will likely take on direct reports of their own.
This role is offered on a full-time basis (40 hours per week). Our core working hours are 0830 – 1730, Monday to Friday. We currently work from the office one day per week – this can increase in line with business needs, as well as being subject to change dependent on government guidelines.
Interviews will be held in person (dependent on Government guidelines as well as your preferred location option).
Other organisations may call this role SEO & Content Specialist, SEO & Content Executive, SEO & Content Lead, SEO Content Manager, SEO Content Lead, SEO Content Officer, SEO Content Marketing Manager, SEO Manager, or Content Writer and SEO Manager.
Webrecruit is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to showcase your expertise as an SEO & Content Manager, we want to hear from you! Click Apply and start your journey with Webrecruit today.