Marketing Content Creator / Copywriter
From £22,500 plus generous benefits
We’re looking for creative Marketing Content Creators / Copywriters to help us promote new and existing products to schools, parents and retail customers.
CGP sends out over 400,000 mailshots to customers every year. All the content is created by our in-house Marketing team so there’ll be lots of variety for you in this role. As part of the team, you’ll:
- Design and write engaging content for print / email marketing materials
- Create eye-catching graphics (we’ll teach you how if you haven’t done it before)
- Proofread marketing materials carefully before submitting them for approval
- Work with our commercial / operations teams to coordinate marketing materials for product launches
We expect you to have a genuine interest in marketing, be a great communicator, and love taking responsibility. You’ll have a sound academic record (good A-levels or degree), be keen to learn InDesign and Photoshop and be:
- Excited about using your creative skill and flair with words
- Meticulous with detail
- Flexible and super-organised
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Upbeat and receptive to feedback
Have a watch of our Great Place to Work video on our website and if you like what you see, please select the apply button and send us your CV and a cracking covering letter telling us why you’re the perfect fit for this role!
Closing Date: Monday 25th July 2022
As well as email marketing, social media, exhibitions and catalogues, CGP uses direct marketing to reach many of our customers, sending out 400,000 mailshots each year. Produced by our in-house Marketing Production Team, these materials are carefully designed to deliver effective marketing messages, whilst maintaining our unique brand identity.
Reporting to the Marketing Production Team Manager, these new roles will be pivotal in helping us complete all our planned marketing campaigns and ultimately drive our future growth.
As a Marketing Content Creator / Copywriter, you’ll:
- Work alongside commercial market owners to deliver print and digital marketing campaigns
- Liaise with our warehouse despatch team, publishing department and external printers / suppliers to make sure mailshot components are delivered, packed and despatched on time
- Obtain feedback and brand sign-off for the materials that you produce
- Manage and prioritise your own workflow to deliver multiple projects across a variety of media to tight and changeable deadlines
- Assist our Ecommerce team in preparing assets for the CGP website
- Use your skills and expertise to help other areas of the business, fitting these projects in alongside your existing commitments
You’ll develop and learn on the job, but you’ll need to prove that you’re:
- A flexible, ambitious self-starter, passionate and keen to develop with the role
- A quick learner with a flair for design
- Organised – able to plan and manage your own projects
- Meticulous when it comes to detail – able to do hundreds of individual tasks accurately
- Great at getting on with people at all levels and across departments
- Good with the written word
- Receptive to feedback
Other desirable skills (or enthusiasm to learn):
- Commercial experience of email marketing or social media (Mailchimp / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram)
- InDesign and Photoshop for graphic creation and layout
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Content Creator, Content & Publications Officer, Marketing Officer, Communications Officer, Marketing Executive, Marketing and Communications Officer, Marcomms Executive, or Content Executive.