Your new role- Purpose
- Lead on the creation and communicate of key messages to target audiences and maximise positive coverage.
- Increase awareness of Catalyst's achievements; identifying and compiling information that will enhance Catalyst's reputation with our target audiences, sharing it through electronic, social and printed media
- Maintain the reputation as an excellent housing provider and support senior colleagues in building strong relationships with our stakeholders and target audiences.
- Implement and update the corporate strategic external affairs plan to include a comprehensive calendar of opportunities to promote the association to their target audiences. (e.g., industry events, events attended by target audiences and award submissions and project milestones.
- Be the lead on fire safety communications for external affairs, with particular attention to stakeholder communications including for MPs, councillors, local authority officers and other interested parties
- Prepare and write information for the media including thought leadership and opinion pieces on behalf of senior colleagues. You will prepare responses to media enquiries including drafting of quotes for relevant colleagues. Advise on and support implementation of the media element of communications plans for major projects and corporate events
- Coordinate programme of and write and manage award submissions including those prepared by other teams, contractors and external agencies
What you'll need to succeed
- Deliver values-driven service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers' needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you will have experience of writing for different channels and audiences.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills, including the confidence to work with colleagues at all levels across the business
- You will have a thorough understanding of housing issues and policies and ability to assess their impact on customers and stakeholders
- You will have a thorough understanding of local and national political structures and be able to advice colleagues on the organisation's approach to these relationships
- Experience of media relations including proactive and reactive media work and direct contact with journalists.
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to work for prestigious not-for-profit organisation who aim high- set to build 1,300 new homes a year from 2022.
- Working for a 2020 Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to work for- who invest a lot of time and resources in their people because they know it's our people who will drive our success.
- 25 days holiday
- £43,250 salary
- the chance to manage your own team and liaise with a variety of teams
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.