Digital Communications Manager
Leeds Teaching Hospitals
Leeds – Hybrid, Full-time
12 Months Fixed-Term, £33,706
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Digital Communications Manager at Leeds Teaching Hospital in the Communications team. Working closely with the Leeds Cancer Centre, Urgent Care, A&E and Transplant.
The role will be varied and interesting, requiring an outstanding all-rounder, with the successful candidate taking a lead on the content of their new website and intranet. This is a busy team, managing media enquiries, internal communications, and stakeholder engagement. The work is fast-paced and challenging, but also makes a real difference to the care of patients and the working lives of the staff.
The post holder will be an integral part of the communications team responsible for providing an effective internal and external communications service to support Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in the delivery of its vision, goals, and objectives.
- Developing and delivering effective multi-channel communications plans, including evaluation.
- Responsible for researching, writing, and producing a range of materials including press releases, newsletters, patient information and website content.
- Planning and organising internal and external events.
- Support a develop a range of digital communications.
- Provide advice, write guidance, and support staff around all aspects of media activity, including social and digital media, and broadcast.
- Knowledge and experience of communications, PR and media handling techniques, approaches, and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of working with the media and handling proactive and reactive media stories, including contentious issues.
- Experience of developing and implementing communications plans, and leading and managing projects
- Knowledge and experience of developing materials for use on website and intranet.
- Experience of using content management systems
- Knowledge of social media channels and experience of using them corporately and identifying and writing appropriate material
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of writing material for different audiences
- Experience within Public Sector or large organisation