Job Title: Policy, Public Affairs and Communications Officer Salary: £35,000 - £36,000 per annum Location: Welwyn Garden CityContract: Permanent, Full time Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm (Hybrid working 2 days at home)
COMPANY PROFILE Our client based in Welwyn Garden City are looking to grow their Policy and Standards department. This is a vital role within the business. You will have previous experience working in policy and public affairs and have an understanding of the workings of Government and Parliament. SKILLS REQUIRED
- Previous experience working in Policy and Public affairs.
- Understanding of the workings of Government and Parliament
- Experience working with stakeholder and building external relationships.
- Confident with Data, and picking key information from data/news articles etc.
- Experience working with Media would be advantageous.
- Excellent writing skills is a must.
- Confident in speaking with Journalists and or MPs
- Help deliver the clients strategy, through raising their external profile to MPs, Ministers, Media and the wider stakeholder community.
- Data analysis on issues of importance to the client
- Work with the press team to develop stories to promote the company externally.
- Attend external meetings with government officials to support the clients strategy of increasing their external presence
- Develop influential, engaging and effective policy campaigns.
- Be an expert spokesperson and represent the client to the media and draft statements for media.
- 22 days’ annual leave + bank holiday
- Competitive company pension
- Life assurance
- Simply health cash scheme
- Hybrid working and flexibility
- Beautiful open plan offices
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Smart10 Recruitment Group, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days if you have been shortlisted.
Smart10 is a multi-award-winning specialist recruitment consultancy focused on the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements across a select group of business sectors. In order to keep up to date and search for all our active jobs, please visit our website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram or LinkedIn.