Smurfit Kappa Northampton
Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
We are currently recruiting for a Packaging Designer to join our team based at the flagship Experience Centre in Northampton.
Reporting to the UK Innovation Director, this is a hands on design role that would see you working in graphic and structural design, assisting design workshops with customers through our unique Design2Market factory. You will innovate ideas by keeping your finger on the pulse of what is happening in the markets we produce for. You will be dealing with the National Sales and Business Development Team and have clear alignment to our business strategy and how design and innovation supports these aims. The successful candidate will have the ability to inspire creativity. Demonstrate an ability to understand the insights behind design, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Be proactive and self-motivated with excellent time management and deadline driven work ethic.
- Develop design and innovation solutions using our unique tools, products and services to supporting National Sales and Business Development Team members sales strategy.
- Organising, managing and delivering design workshops with key customers at one of our UK Experience Centres
- Managing and delivering design projects for key customers working with the National Sales and Business Development Team members
- Supporting the UK Innovation Director by facilitating and managing proactive internal innovation projects.
- Liaising with Account Directors and Managers within Smurfit Kappa.
- Dealing with project managers, Marketing, Packaging technicians and procurement from our customers.
- Ability to investigate and develop insights from our customer markets, their stakeholders and drivers.
Educated to degree level or equivalent in graphic, packaging or product design or have a minimum of 2 years relevant design experience.
- Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- Experience with ArtiosCAD (2D/3D CAD)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver them on time.
- An ability to understand the insights behind creative solutions.
- Good understanding of Marketing and Brand considerations
- Quick to learn and develop new ideas.
- Able to provide creative, effective solutions.
What's on offer...
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Training & development
- Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge as a Packaging Designer within an innovative & sustainable business, we would love to hear from you!