Head of Marketing
The Royal Parks is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park. We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Head of Marketing to join our team and play a key role in the promotion of our organisation on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 26 days’ annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Health Cash Plan and Private Health Insurance
- Travel to all parks
- Hybrid working
If you are a high-calibre marketing professional with a fantastic leadership style, this is a brilliant opportunity to advance your career with our exciting organisation.
You will have the opportunity to work in some of the most beautiful spaces in London and be in touch with nature and the seasons, right in the heart of one of the world's greatest cities.
What’s more, you will join our supportive, innovative and flexible organisation and enable us to continue to preserve wildlife and the natural environment.
As the Head of Marketing, you will play a leading role in the development and delivery of our marketing provision and brand strategies.
Alongside managing digital marketing activity, you will drive brand awareness and seek to grow our supporter base and enhance the visitor experience.
Overseeing the marketing activity provided by internal teams, you will ensure a cost-effective approach to the marketing mix, budgets and suppliers, as well as promoting the development of creative and innovative practices.
You will strive to significantly raise The Royal Parks’ profile as a charity and build our reputation with all our audiences, inspiring and engaging them with the cause and our ambitious vision for the future.
Additionally, you will work across the organisation to lead co-ordinated marketing activities and develop relationships to enable the coaching of marketing skill sets across the Communications and Engagement Directorate.
You will also:
- Ensure our fundraising, marketing and digital activity is co-ordinated
- Play an active role in the Senior Management Team of the Communications and Engagement Directorate
- Lead the development of our digital marketing and brand campaigns
To be considered as the Head of Marketing, you will need:
- A successful track record in senior marketing roles and in creating and leading integrated brand, marketing and digital activity across all channels with measurable impact
- Solid experience in coaching, developing and motivating staff
- Experience of overseeing complex marketing strategies, across a range of channels and products or services (paid, earned, owned)
- A track record of developing brand strategies to support brand initiatives
- Significant experience of financial management, budgeting and predicting income based on marketing outputs
- A degree or equivalent level of senior experience and professional development in marketing
- Relevant professional marketing qualifications is desirable
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Director, Head of Marketing Communications, Head of Marcomms, Senior Marketing Manager, or Head of Marketing and Communications.
The Royal Parks is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Head of Marketing, please apply via the button shown.