Redruth, Cornwall (Office/Home Based)
We are WILD, the largest specialist young parents’ charity in the UK. We provide a range of services and support across Cornwall to help young parent families have the best possible future. Over the last 30 years, we have helped over 13,000 mums, dads and children learn new skills, form new friendships and achieve their goals.
We want young parents and their children to be healthy, happy and safe, with better life chances and aspirations.
We’re currently looking for a Communications Lead to join us for a permanent role.
- Salary of £26,437 per annum
- Generous holiday allowance
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Enhance your experience in the charity sector
This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative, talented content creator with a great leadership style and a background in the charity sector to take their next step and do something incredible in their career and for young parents across Cornwall.
Your work will directly influence engagement with our charity and support our fundraising and mission. You’ll have the chance to use your imagination to design and create, support colleagues to do the same and deliver training that will support ongoing creation and creativity that highlights our work.
Our organisation is built on the values of respect, equality, integrity, kindness and resourcefulness. If you want to become a key member of our compassionate, committed team, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Communications Lead, you will be tasked with ensuring we have a strong, clear voice that effectively communicates who we are, what we believe in and what we want to achieve.
You will take the lead on all our comms, developing and delivering strategy, helping our team get the message right and managing all communications systems, including social media and crisis comms.
Advising our team, you will encourage, motivate and task us with producing great content and creating timely plans, projects, events and fundraising to support our work.
Your role will also involve:
- Building positive relationships with our team, our partner agencies, our funders, the media and our communities
- Creating visual content, writing copy and developing multi-media comms and content for events
- Shaping and delivering our campaigns, amplifying the voice of young parents and their babies and increasing support
- Planning and managing individual workloads, liaising regularly with the line manager
To be considered as the Communications Lead, you will need:
- Strong copywriting and content creation skills
- The ability to create engaging content for websites and social media channels
- Experience of leading a team
- To be a ‘storyteller’
- To demonstrate an understanding of working in the voluntary sector
- To demonstrate the ability to mentalise and empathise with our young families
- To demonstrate an excellent understanding of social media platforms and trends
- To demonstrate the ability to nurture relationships
- Proven communication skills
- To be proactive and a self-starter
- A commitment to accessible learning, equality and diversity
Knowledge and experience of delivering campaigns would be beneficial to your application. Experience of shaping and developing a role within comms/marketing would also be an advantage, as would the ability to develop new digital fundraising initiatives.
Other organisations may call this role Content Lead, Copywriting Lead, Content Creation Lead, Campaign Lead, Marketing Team Lead, or Charity Marketing Lead.
The closing date for this role is 12 noon on the 12th November 2021 with interviews scheduled for the 23rd November 2021.
Webrecruit and WILD are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Communications Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.