This job is archived
Location: London Offices / remote working arrangements
Contract: 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This charity works with communities across the capital to transform their lives and the places they live. The organisation has been at the forefront of social and environmental regeneration in London for over 25 years, and today they have a simple mission: to create better places, improve people’s prospects, and promote greener living and working. The charity is passionate about creating a future where every neighbourhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny, and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances.
The Communications Team role is to engage with London’s diverse range of communities, ensuring they know what services are available to benefit them, and to celebrate the charity’s good news stories. The team works closely with project delivery teams to develop and implement communications strategies that are specific to each of a wide range of environmental and social action projects. This means the team can effectively promote and increase engagement with their projects and services and highlight the real changes they make to people’s lives.
As Communications Officer, you will be an ambassador and guardian of the charity’s brand. The role requires strong communication and project management skills and the ability to produce high quality content for a range of different audiences across a range of media channels. You will be responsible for writing project communication strategies, producing creative content and copywriting, with an emphasis on online and social media, and ensuring these are delivered on time and on brief.
Please apply if you have experience in:
- Writing and implementing communications plans for projects or campaigns
- Communicating compelling stories and key messages to specific target audiences through a variety of mediums
- Experience developing and maintaining strong media relations to deliver positive media coverage for a charity or company
- Producing high-quality visual content and engaging copywriting, with an emphasis on online and social media
- Monitoring and reporting on performance of communications and campaigns
- Applying basic-intermediate graphic design principles to produce content for a range of mediums, including digital and print
- Organising and delivering high-profile events
- Working as part of a busy, high performing team
Closing date for applications: 12pm 3rd December 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
No agencies please.