Our client is a PR and marketing consultancy company who help their clients with public relations and they are looking for an Account Director to join their friendly team in Guildford. Our client understands that life / work balance is important and therefore offers hybrid working as well as the following benefits:
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Performance-related company bonus scheme
- 26-30 days’ holiday subject to length of service, plus public holidays
- 'Work from Anywhere’ scheme, subject to approval
- Private medical insurance
- Monthly grant towards gym membership or other fitness activity
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Monthly social activities
- International business travel opportunities
- Free breakfast and snacks
Your key role as an Account Director will be to lead client accounts, develop strategies and activities, oversee their execution, maintain quality control over all aspects of the agency’s work, and manage the agency/client relationship. You will also play an active role in new business development and support with the agency’s marketing.
- Providing leadership of client accounts.
- Working with the account manager to develop annual communications plans for each client
- Overseeing client account activity, ensuring the on-time delivery of services and the management of client satisfaction levels.
- Managing client budgets and tracking agency servicing levels
- Leading client/agency meetings
- Drafting and overseeing others’ drafting of all day-to-day written materials for clients, including press releases, statements, Q&As, speeches, reports and presentations.
- Developing communications plans and new business proposals
- Liaising with journalists to encourage the generation of the right media coverage for clients
- Developing a network of media relationships appropriate to the needs of clients;
- Handling media relations in crisis situations and advising clients on crisis communications management.
- Advising clients on social media and paid digital communications strategies.
- Organising and participating in client and agency events, such as press conferences, photo calls and trade show media activities.
- Guiding and coaching junior staff members
Skills and Abilities:
- Several years’ experience of managing communications programmes in an agency environment.
- Confident and able to build rapports with clients and journalists
- Highly organised with the ability to keep on top of multiple activities
- A strategic thinker, able to ensure that client programmes correctly address short- and long-term business objectives.
- Be creative and have a through understanding of media
- You must possess strong writing and editing skills
- Have experience in leading a team, motivating colleagues, coaching junior staff and dealing with staff problems.
Thank you for taking the time to apply to OPR Resourcing Specialists. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 7 days. We apologise but due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback on individual CV's.