The International Leisure Group Marketing Manager is responsible for driving awareness, consideration, and acquisition for International Leisure Group’s golf brands; Stromberg, Benross, Greg Norman, Rife, MGI, Tour Edge and Fazer.
Using various marketing tactics, strategies, and channels; you will grow the presence of each brand whilst amplifying their DNA, look & feel, and tone of voice - with a particular focus on their largest partner, American Golf.
With a clear goal to grow awareness and market share of these brands both within the UK & Europe; commercial acumen, creative thinking, and an exceptional knowledge of the golf/sport industry will be essential skills for this role.
- Be the custodian of International Leisure Group’s brands; Stromberg, Benross, Greg Norman, Rife, MGI, Tour Edge and Fazer - ensuring that creative, marketing activations, and partnerships, are always reflective of each brand’s DNA.
- Maintain the brand guideline packs and update when necessary.
- Educate B2B teams of each brand’s heritage, USP’s, tone of voice, etc.
- Manage the marketing budget and report back on efficiencies and ROI.
- Create and execute the marketing strategy for each brand - ensuring that all activations drive brand awareness and acquisition to achieve sales targets and KPIs. Regularly update senior stakeholders of successes and progress.
- Per brand, oversee end-to-end photoshoots for each season to create a bank of brand assets that can used across multiple channels, marketing activations, and for any B2B relationships (e.g. American Golf, Marketplaces).
- Work with the ILG and American Golf buying teams to understand new product’s features, benefits, and USPs and create marketing copy to promote these messages - sharing with B2B marketing teams also.
- Manage each brand’s social media channels with regular content that engages and grow the brand’s audience.
- Identify relevant influencers and ambassadors and build partnerships/relationships to engage them with the applicable brand. This should include the likes of gifting, product reviews, influencer events, and content creation.
- Work with the American Golf digital team (and relevant marketplaces) to ensure owned brand’s are fully represented online; from homepage placement to dedicated landing pages that showcase the brand and products. All product descriptions should clearly demonstrate features, benefits, and USPs that translate to all levels of golfer.
- Work with the American Golf marketing team to ensure each brand is represented across AG activations and channels; email, social media, campaign shoots, digital advertising, media, in store POS, etc.
- Ensure all brands are fully represented in American Golf stores; from window signage to internal POS - and that they stand confidently alongside their adjacencies.
- Liaise with PR agency to promote the brands and key products across relevant publications, press releases and other appropriate media.
- Identify new routes to market for each brand to grow audience and sales- i.e. market places, department stores. Each new market to be proposed to senior stakeholders with clarity on size of opportunity, reach, costs, etc.
- Devise roadmap of customer activations for each brand - from experiential events, competitions and prize draws, and promotions - to marketing to the brand’s audience and/or B2B partner databases.
- Ensure ILG brands have presence at major UK golf events: from giveaways and competitions, to influencer support and merch.
- Drive and deliver brand OOH activity; e.g. TV, radio, billboards, stunt marketing.
- Proven track record in marketing roles, demonstrating expertise in driving brand growth and customer engagement
- Commercially savvy with experience managing a P&L
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure, and remain organised
- Knowledge of the golf/sport industry is key
- Adept with all Microsoft packages
- Confident at presenting and hosting large meetings
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in retail is not essential but would be an advantage