Job Title: Marketing Manager
Location: Home Based with occasional travel to Dover Office
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 3 November 2023
Clear Voice Interpreting Services is a language services provider and award-winning social enterprise that delivers instant telephone interpreting, face to face appointments and written translations to businesses and charities across the UK. We have a wide range of clients and a strong reputation in the asylum and refugee support sector. All of our profits go back to our parent charity Migrant Help to support asylum seekers and victims of trafficking.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Manager to join our committed and passionate Clearvoice Team on a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be adaptable with the ability to multi-task and an effective communicator with the ability to form strong working relationships.
If you are organised, have demonstrable experience in prioritising and are looking for an exciting role that makes a difference, we'd love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a small marketing department
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies to achieve business objectives, including lead generation, brand awareness, and customer engagement
- Manage the development and execution of the company's marketing and branding strategies
- Deliver marketing outputs on time and on budget, reporting regular updates to the Sales & Marketing Director
- Embody the brand guidelines and consistently implement the brand voice across all channels and marketing materials
- Build and manage our social media profiles to drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads, exploring new ways to reach our target buyer via social networks
- Create compelling and engaging content for social media, and email marketing, ensuring content aligns with the brand voice, adheres to SEO best practise and resonates with the target audience
- Plan and manage social media campaigns across all channels - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn- ensuring consistent branding and engagement with followers
- Monitor social media metrics and implement strategies to increase audience reach and engagement
- Understand our audience's audience and be aware of social topics and trends
- Keep up to date on current trends and proactively produce content across all channels to engage and inspire our audience and grow new business
- Work with influencers and key journalists to develop brand awareness and curate content
- Plan/deliver PR strategy to raise the profile of our business with relevant media
- Data analysis to inform decisions to maximise sales for current product ranges and future products
- Utilise analytics tools to track, measure and report on the performance of digital marketing efforts
- Provide senior management with metrics and presentation material as input for monthly and quarterly SLT/Board Meetings
- Develop working relationship with stakeholders, Non-Executive Directors, staff and media
- Keep Clear Voice staff and Non-Executive Directors trustees informed of activities through newsletters, intranet and other outlets including social media
- Provide support in other areas of communications and with events.
- Promote equality, diversity and employee rights and obligations in all actions and activities
- Contribute to the success of the organisation in accordance with Clear Voice aims and objectives
- Knowledge of digital marketing
- Experience with SEO, SEM, email marketing, PPC and Paid Social and email marketing
- Experience of implementing and seeing through a marketing strategy
- Strong understanding of social networks right the way through to leveraging data in marketing
What else to expect:
- The team operate between the hours of 9am and 5pm, however flexibility to work outside of these hours on occasion is needed
- This is a homebased role with the requirement to come into the Dover office on occasion and therefore flexibility is required.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Therefore the applicant must:
- Be able to provide documents to show their right to work in the UK i.e. passport or other right to work documents such as work visa, settled status document, certificate of registration, naturalization as a British citizen, Biometric Residence Permit etc.
- Provide full employment history for the previous 3 years and/or suitable documentation to cover any gaps in employment.
- Flexibility and work life balance
- Enhanced family friendly provisions
- Additional holiday entitlements
- Perkbox benefits
- Non-contributory pension scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Brand Manager, Marketing Campaign Manager, Marketing Supervisor, B2B Marketing, Senior Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy Manager, Marketing Specialist may also be considered for this role.