Homes for Students is one of the UK’s leading providers of student accommodation.
We are seeking an ambitious Marketing Executive (Mandarin Speaking) to help us deliver a robust marketing strategy to support our marketing in the UK and China. The role is based in Liverpool, working 40 hours per week 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
You will assist the management of 3rd party relationships, have a strong design focus and be able to contribute effectively to marketing tasks. A primary function of this role will be to support our teams with cultural advice and translation services (Mandarin), enabling us to better understand the needs of our current and prospective residents. Working closely with the Campaign, Design and Digital teams, you will assist with all marketing functions including helping to drive our social media presence on WeChat, RED and Weibo.
- To maintain and manage the company’s Chinese social media accounts, including WeChat, Weibo and RED.
- To assist the Design Team by providing comprehensive briefs for graphic design for collateral, social media and signage requirements across all brands.
- Use initiative in suggesting workable online campaigns or marketing actions that drive performance at our properties.
- Assist with tactical and strategic digital action plans, explore new ways in which we can market digitally via social media, purchasing data and e-campaigns. Review and evaluate existing online marketing routes.
- Write and deliver engaging and effective online content, with USP’s and competitor detail in mind. provide creative input for all campaign requirements. (Mandarin)
- Work with all 3rd party agencies to develop better working solutions and drive down costs.
- Develop and proactively undertake projects to showcase the brand and its assets such as display marketing campaigns, remarketing and retargeting.
- To monitor and research our social media activity and our competitors and work with student properties to ensure we are delivering engaging material.
- To keep abreast of current trends in the student accommodation market and relevant competitors.
- Comply with Health and Safety working practice in accordance with the company’s policy.
- To be flexible and work effectively with other colleagues.
- Represent Homes for Students at Housing, Freshers Fairs and Sector events at across the UK.
- Infrequent travel is a part of this role, visiting our properties all over the UK.
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties may be requested from time to time.
- Must have strong written and spoken Mandarin skills.
- Must have very strong written English skills for content writing.
- Experience with web, social media and email marketing campaigns is desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good presentation skills in PowerPoint or other.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Confident talking to people.
- Ability to present to stakeholders when required.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to achieve goals and targets within timescales.
- Must be performance driven.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance; confidence in taking the initiative and making decisions.
- A real sense of ownership for tasks.
- Delivering high standards.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Must be flexible and respond positively to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the team.
As well as being qualified for the post, all staff will need to have empathy with Our Vision, Our Mission and Our Values:
Our Vision– to be seen as the best Student Accommodation Partner in the marketplace
Our Mission– to enhance the daily lives of students in the buildings we manage, whilst working in harmony with local communities
Our Values – working with integrity, honesty and equality in everything we do in order to put students and communities first
Experience and Qualifications
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- Good, practical understanding of Chinese social media platforms (including WeChat, RED and Weibo)
- Translation Experience (English/Mandarin)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Minimum 6-12 months experience
- Educated to a degree level in Marketing, Business, or English/Journalism.
- Experience working with Chinese social media influencers.
- Experience of marketing in the student sector.
- Experience of budgetary management and working to financial regulations.
- Experience of consulting and meeting with customers