Company: Academy Music Group
Location: (Scotland) Edinburgh, Glasgow and remote working
Reports to: Head of press and brand communications
Working hours: Full-time
An essential position within the core marketing team, you’ll play a key role in the delivery of marketing campaigns for shows, tours, clubs, corporate events, and promotional services at our Scotland venues; O2 Academy Edinburgh and O2 Academy Glasgow.
The regional Marketing executive will work closely with the Head of PR and brand communications and be contributing to a dynamic team to ensure high quality output and service, where collaboration and teamwork is at the heart of everything we do.
- Demonstrable experience in a marketing role in music, media, culture, corporate, or entertainment
- Proven track record in delivering successful marketing campaigns and promotional services
- Experience in marketing for exhibitor, corporate or conference events
- A strong network of local connections and established marketing relationships
- Excellent knowledge of regional marketing
- Experience managing budgets and marketing spend
- A solid understanding of ticketing
- Significant marketing experience in print, digital, social media platforms and ad scheduling
- Understanding of analytic metrics and advertising KPIs
- Outstanding attention to detail and sharp reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
What we need
- Dynamic and detail orientated
- A team player and collaborative by nature
- Accountable and organised with a strong sense of time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive work ethic, with a proactive, can-do attitude
- Understanding of the wider industry landscape, key marketing and media platforms and advertising techniques
- Flexibility to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings/public holidays)
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Head of PR and brand communications and National marketing manager to devise and deliver effective marketing campaigns for all shows, tours, clubs, and corporate or conference events
- Coordinate and book marketing activity across all relevant channels, including print, social and out of home in a timely manner and from conception to completion
- Prepare marketing plans that provide valuable and actionable insight
- Deliver diligently on specific day-to-day promotional activities
- Collaborate with promoter or event organiser marketing teams to plan and oversee their marketing spend
- Maintain strong local marketing contacts
- Constantly evaluate sales performances to bring new initiatives and sales tactics
- Build in-depth knowledge of your region
- Form and maintain a robust network of local distribution for promotional material
- Monitor and maximise all internal and external marketing budgets
- Create and generate daily/weekly/monthly reporting to assess performance
- Identity additional opportunities to reach new audiences and increase ticket sales
- Work closely with all fellow regional marketing executives for cross-promotional opportunities
- Liaise with a variety of head office functions including marketing, digital, social, communications and PR for inspiring content and messaging alignment
- Support broader campaign strategies as required
- Contribute to best-practice operations and processes
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the standard rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business, we’ll encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
While this is a great opportunity in an exciting industry, this is not just a chance to see shows for free! The role is not your ordinary nine-to-five, and the industry is demanding, with sometimes long and unsociable hours. The excitement and energy of the shows and events we create comes from the hard work and dedication we commit to our work, and this position is no exception so get ready to bring your very best to the role.
Academy Music Group (AMG) is the UK’s leading owner and operator of live music and entertainment venues with award-winning credentials. Several of our historic theatres are unique institutions of British music and culture and our vision is to inspire artists and audiences by hosting unforgettable live performances.
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media, and Artist Nation Management.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 6TH NOVEMBER 2023. We reserve the right to close applications at any time.