Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high-quality products and services to create a Kirei Life for all - a beautiful life that respects the needs of our consumers and customers as well as the planet. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. As a company driven by purpose and strong corporate values, we pride ourselves to be listed among the World´s Most Ethical Companies since 16 consecutive years. Our corporate philosophy, the Kao Way, guides us in everything we do - acting with integrity, courageously driving innovation, and treating each other with trust and respect.
Aligned to the Shopper Strategy, the Shopper Marketing Executive is responsible for leading the development and delivery of the Grocery shopper marketing plan (instore & online) for all Kao consumer brands in line with sales and marketing priorities. Working closely with internal stakeholders and collaborating with external shopper agencies to ensure that shopper and category plans get translated through to the point of purchase.
What you will do:
- Leading the annual Kao Brands activation plans for Grocery accounts. Coordinating the development and delivery of the activation plan both in store & online and ensuring all other shopper touch points are in line with the shopper strategy, executed on time and within budget. Responsible for Grocery account budget, raising T-Numbers & processing invoices.
- Becoming the lead for executing the Grocery Online Strategy. Ensuring that the content basics are accurate and up to date, there is an always on Customer activation plan which is implemented and aligned to sales and marketing priorities, and evolving the Grocery shopper marketing plan with defined test and learn opportunities.
- Managing grocery retailer customer relationships with the in store, online and merchandising team and managing shopper agency relationships with the support from Grocery Controller and grocery account team.
- Post implementation analysis of all major in store and online shopper marketing initiatives, ROI, sales uplift or conversion and key learnings to share with the wider business.
- Competitor activity tracking and reporting - staying close to competitor launches and brand activations with specific focus on grocery .com and instore to provide the business with an executive summary of how these present to the shopper. Retain responsibility for in market reports & updates to wider team.
- Dotted line reporting into the Omnichannel Shopper Manager to ensure alignment of shopper activation including asset management is supporting the overall strategy, brand guidelines and delivering investment efficiencies. Sharing ideas & learnings for Shopper.
What you will need:
- Educated to Graduate level or equivalent
- Experience/Training in a Blue Chip FMCG environment
- Shopper marketing experience ideally in the Health & Beauty Industry with instore & online activation experience.
- Minimum 2 years FMCG shopper / sales / marketing experience.
- Experience in dealing with the key UK retailers.
- Experience managing 3rd Party Agencies & managing budgets
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 16 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.