Are you creative with a passion for communications and marketing? Can you tell stories that will demonstrate our impact and inspire people to get involved? We’re seeking a Communications & Marketing Officer to join our team in the Derwent, Wear and Coast portfolio, based at Gibside.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to develop their career in communications and marketing and with a passion for nature, heritage, and communities. The role will be busy and exciting but you'll be supported by a great property team and the Trust’s wider regional marketing team. We're a lively team and this role will suit someone who thrives in a changing and creative environment.
Salary: £22,152 - £23,556pa depending on experience
Contract: Fixed term until December 2024
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday with occasional early evening and weekend work within the Duty Manager rota. Dates are agreed well in advance.
Interviews: 12th October at Gibside
We would consider this role on a secondment basis for an internal candidate. Please discuss this with your current line manager before applying.
If you have any questions about this role please contact: .uk or .uk>What it's like to work here
Gibside attracted 273,596 visitors in 2022/23. Just twenty minutes from the centre of Newcastle or Gateshead, and accessible by public transport, its Georgian landscape garden delivers many ‘wow’ moments. Walking trails stretch over 717 acres/290 hectares, featuring wildlife-rich habitats, artificial terraces, spectacular vistas, a walled garden and original 18th century architecture. Visitors can enjoy seasonal events for all ages, a café and second-hand bookshop.
Gibside is part of the Derwent, Wear and Coast portfolio which also includes Washington Old Hall, Penshaw Monument, Souter Lighthouse and The Leas, Crook Hall Gardens and the Durham Coast.
Click here for more information about this location North.
North.What you'll be doing
Reporting to the portfolio’s Senior Communications & Marketing Officer, you’ll work alongside property colleagues to develop and share key messages through various communications channels. As a priority, the team is keen to find innovative ways to attract greater visitor numbers, particularly midweek, and encourage repeat visits.
You'll have fresh ideas and a creative approach to sharing the stories of our properties (with a focus on Gibside) and engaging visitors in the work we do. You’ll also be promoting events/on-site programming across a range of marketing platforms including social media and the property's website.
This is a varied and stimulating role, you'll enjoy working at pace and liaising with people. No two days will be the same.Who we're looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of working in communications, marketing or media environment and experience running social media channels
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written which should include copywriting and proof-reading and crafting content for different channels
- The ability to plan creative communications activity in support of property and organisation objectives
- Good standout colleague. Able to motivate others with energy and enthusiasm and build positive relationships internally and externally
- Well organised and able to lead multiple projects and varying pressures to meet deadlines.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.