Brockenhurst College has an opportunity for a full-time, permanent Marketing Assistant to join its Marketing team. The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary of £22,690 to £24,924 per annum plus a range of other benefits.
Brock is a high-achieving college that attracts around 3,000 Sixth Form students from across the region each year. It also provides apprenticeships and a wide range of Adult Leisure and Learning opportunities.
- Work with the marketing team to deliver integrated marketing campaigns.
- Monitor campaigns and digital activity, producing reports as required in line with the College’s marketing campaign strategy.
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries from external parties interested in hiring the College’s facilities, retaining existing customers and welcoming new ones.
- Obtain quotes for promotional materials and merchandise and negotiate the best price with suppliers.
- Play an active role in the successful organisation of Open Events and other key engagement opportunities.
- Support the production of a range of print and electronic prospectuses and promotional materials, aimed at a variety of audiences including students, parents, media, adult learners and others.
- Provide front-of-house administration for both campus-based and non-campus-based events.
- Assist external hirers and help them plan and organise their events, ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Organise and attend meetings, take minutes and note action points where agreed.
Key skills and requirements:
- Good level of general education (especially English and Maths).
- Experience of working in an administrative role within a busy department.
- Highly computer literate, with excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel as a minimum.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personable, well-organised, confident and enthusiastic.
- Ability to build links and establish good working relationships with colleagues from every sector of the College.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Strong commitment to meeting the needs of stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm for the role of marketing in promoting the College.
- Willingness to work flexibly.
- Commitment to the ethos of continuous improvement and quality.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Benefits will include:
- Twenty-five days of leave plus bank holidays, plus the option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Free secure onsite parking.
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Access to a range of discounts, including on shopping, travel and healthcare.
- Access to an onsite gym, tennis/badminton courts, football pitches (indoor & out).
- Weekly staff yoga and football.
- Onsite Nursery offering childcare at competitive rates both in and out of term time.
- Free eye care vouchers.
- Access to our external Employee Assistance Programme. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff.
Closing date: 23 November 2023Interview date: 29 November 2023
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please click APPLY now.
Brockenhurst College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. It expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks. This will include an enhanced DBS check. The successful candidate must also provide proof of their right to work in the UK.