Mission 4 Recruitment are delighted to work with our client to find a Head of Marketing & Communications
Fixed term contract of 1 year
Full or part time for the right candidate
£45,000-£55,000 full time equivalent + benefits
As Head of Marketing & Communications, you will be responsible for developing and executing effective marketing and communication strategies at a historic and innovative rural estate in Hertfordshire with a growing hospitality brand. Our client is a diverse family business comprising three divisions: Property, Rural and Hospitality. You’ll bring together and deliver multi-channel marketing and wider communications’ initiatives into a comprehensive plan. The role will include:
Brand and Strategy
- Develop and implement a comprehensive brand strategy to promote the estate, increase awareness and engagement, and generate business across our commercial enterprises, focusing on new enterprises including luxury self-catering accommodation, weddings, events and filming.
- Update, implement and champion our Brand Guidelines across all operations.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and develop PR strategies.
- Review and, where necessary, redesign existing digital assets across the brand, including website and associated SEO, e-commerce etc.
- Lead creation of compelling graphic design, artistry, imagery and video assets.
- Directly manage ongoing content across priority channels, and oversee and co-ordinate external content consultants.
- Review and quality-check content 3rd-party listing channels.
- Lead introduction of an estate-wide CRM system, and devise regular email campaigns.
- Introduce a range of analytics and provide regular reports on performance.
- Review existing non-digital assets across the brand and lead development of new marketing materials as required
- Collaborate with the Hospitality Division to design and develop augmented product packages for our accommodation, weddings and filming enterprise.
- Lead the creation of public access maps and interpretation boards.
Media, Promotions and Partnerships
- Develop a communications strategy focused on priority stakeholders, building relationships with key community members.
- Manage all proactive and reactive media related activity.
The successful candidate will have a desire to work in an entrepreneurial and evolving mutli-disciplinary family business. You will be part of, and adding to, the evolution of the estate. You will be an ambassador for the business and family - setting the highest of standards in everything you do.
We anticipate that this is a year’s project to transform the brand and its marketing/communications strategies, hence the fixed term nature of the role. On completion of the fixed term period, we will evaluate our needs going forward and there is potential for a permanent position.
The successful candidate must have:
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or professional communications/marketing qualification (e.g. CIM, IoIC, CIPR).
- Proven track record as a senior Marketing / Communications professional with a strong understanding of strategic marketing and communications focused on supporting clear commercial and business objectives.
- Demonstration of previous work to produce a strategic marketing plan.
- Proven leadership and management of consultants translating to the efficient delivery of results.
- A desire to roll up your sleeves to build and be as hands-on as necessary to deliver a new function as part of a fast-changing and exciting business.
- An interest in the diverse nature of a rural business with a strong brand, clear business objectives and a wide range of key audiences with whom we need to build stronger relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong analytical skills to track performance and measure success of marketing efforts.
The successful candidate may have:
- Membership of either CIM, IoIC, CIPR, or equivalent.
- Masters degree in Marketing - MA, MSc or MBA
- Industry-specific experience within rural/hospitality/events/wedding venue environments.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The position is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure in the event of a successful application. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please apply today. If you have any questions please contact Alice Hamley at Mission 4 Recruitment.
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.