Job Title: Web Application Developer (Android)
Hours: Full time, Permanent
A bit about us:
We're part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We're here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners and the wider community. That's why we live by our values of we're positive, we're brave, and we own it.
Applicant will be part of a wider development team that develops financial applications for our customers. The role will be to develop and build our existing "Creation" Mobile App in IOS or Android.
- Develop new mobile app features in line with agreed development standards, based on technical specifications, to meet required functionality.
- Develop new features in line with agreed technical specification to agreed standards and methodologies in line with agreed time, scope and quality. Ensure analysis is properly conducted before starting on coding.
- Communicate project progress regularly, effectively and succinctly to Principal and scrum team, in a timely manner.
Skills & Attributes:
- Native mobile app development - for Android
- Test Automation (unit testing and UI testing)
- Basic knowledge of native functionalities such as GPS, Bluetooth, in-app purchases, speech and more;
- Know how to connect apps with REST services
- CI/CD with Jenkins and Fastlane
- Experience with Playstore for maintaining and releasing (test) apps
- Experience with oAuth and OpenIDConnect
- It is an advantage if you also have knowledge of iOS (Swift, SwiftUI);
- Experience using Firebase products, including Analytics, Crashlytics, App distribution, and Test Lab
Could this be you?
We believe it's a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you. Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
What's in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2023 and being part of a team that changes customer's lives, there are some excellent benefits too. We offer a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, and our Health Cash plan scheme. You also receive access to our multi-award-winning flexible benefits platform designed to provide you with the best range of benefits available to suit your lifestyle including life insurance and private medical insurance. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more.
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
We promote equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.