Are you looking to build a career in Marketing?Would you like to be part of a small marketing team for one of the top schools in Rochester Kent?We are offering a full-time Marketing Exec role for 10 months to cover maternity leave.About the RoleThis is an ideal role for a graduate looking to build a CV with a breadth of marketing experience, as working in a small marketing department of a school really allows the candidate to get involved in all aspects of marketing, and indeed to work with all departments in the school.Initially, your key focus will be to manage the social media channels, website updates and a weekly parent e-newsletter. There are also a number of events each term to organise, some of which you will be able to take ownership of and others that are a real team effort. You will also be involved in the design and production of printed materials.Once you are comfortable with all these key aspects of the role, there will be more opportunities to develop the role further. Please only apply if you are interested in committing to the full 10 months, and are able to easily commute to Rochester. The school is only a few minutes walk from Rochester Train Station.About the ClientWe are a co-educational, independent school with 640 pupils between the ages of 3 & 18, including 50 boarders. Formed of a Nursery/Pre-Preparatory School, a Preparatory School and a Senior School. The size of the school creates a strongly supportive, friendly atmosphere with an emphasis on excellent academic results within a full and rounded co-curricular programme.The school is situated in the most historic part of Rochester, is 35 minutes from London on the high-speed rail link and enjoys excellent road connections to other parts of the country.The school has a long and impressive heritage, having been founded in 604 AD and is part of the Cathedral Foundation. While candidates need not be Anglicans, it is important that they should feel sympathy with the Christian tradition of the school and, in particular, its moral values. Overview of the postAs a Marketing and Communications Executive, you will have a key role in the development and execution of the School’s core marketing and communications activity.You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications to deliver effective marketing campaigns to recruit pupils, nationally and internationally, at all entry level age groups via print and digital media, events and other marketing channels. You will be integral to the wider team, including the Admissions and Development departments, supporting one another in each other’s activities for the benefit of the School.This is a diverse and dynamic role, where you will be responsible for implementing day-to-day marketing initiatives and play a crucial role in creating, researching and monitoring content for marketing and communications material.Main ResponsibilitiesContent Creator
- Act as a key point of contact for content with pupils, teaching and support staff to identify engaging news stories that are 'on brand’.
- Take and edit photographs and film.
- Liaise with external suppliers to include designers, film producers, website providers and printers.
- Proactively manage and develop the School's photo and video library (including photography or video consent).
- Develop, collate and edit creative, well-written material (including copy written by others).
- Ensure the brand guidelines are always upheld.
- Ensure all marketing materials produced are compliant with GDPR regulations and robustly manage marketing non-consenters within the School.
Digital and Social Media
- Lead the design and production of the parents' weekly e-newsletter, and play an active role in the evolution of the Parent Portal to ensure parent communications are streamlined and relevant across all marketing channels.
- Oversee and manage the editing of the School website content, and where appropriate repurpose content from other digital channels.
- Create and schedule content for the School's social media channels to support the School’s key marketing priorities. Monitor and engage with our audiences, including prospective pupils, via comments, shares and messages on the School’s social accounts.
- Analyse website and social media performance and provide recommendations for continual improvement.
- Assist with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and keyword search to make the School website more visible to those using search engines to find independent schools.
- Manage scheduling, booking and creative production of advertising.
- Knowledge of Google Ads, Meta Ads and Google Analytics is advantageous.
- Develop and produce publications from the brief stage through to writing content, editing, print and distribution, including internal publications and prospectuses.
- Be responsible for the School’s promotional stands and other event support material (signs, banners and merchandise), ordering new stock as required and ensuring the timely supply of stock to events.
- Manage the stock of all marketing collateral, creating systems to identify and order when stock needs to be replenished.
- Assist in updating third party content across printed material (e.g. school directories) and digital platforms (e.g. BBSN profile page).
- Take responsibility for logistics, organisation and promotion of school events. Customer service and liaison with attendees in the build up to events. Attending and hosting events in partnership with the wider marketing, admissions and development team. Some of these events may take place in the evening or at weekends.
- Be the point of contact and event-lead for all Stay & Play Nursery recruitment sessions.
- Assist in delivering effective partnership and outreach events to engage and build relationships with local maintained schools and clubs.
- Manage event bookings and communications using the iSAMS database management system.
- Ensure that stakeholders and attendees are followed up, thanked or asked for feedback as required.